Brake bleeding kit needed

extra300s

Hi guys.

Is there anyone living in Bellville/Durbanville area that can help me out with a Avid juicy disc brake bleeding kit for a few hours.

Need it to do my wifes mtb bike I just bought for her. Not spending R100's of rands now to have a bike shop do it.

Thanks

0843507272 Karl

what about threaded nipples? Dont I need that at the end of the tubing?

The tubing just needs to fit tightly over the bleed nipple so not let air in and oil out.

I can't say about all Avids, but the Juicy Ultimates I have have no bleed nipple to use. You have to bleed them from the levers, not the discs. I tried the "conventional" ways 'til I was blue in the face and finally coughed up for a bleed kit...

I also recommend using DOT5 as opposed to 4.1 fluid. I have boiled my brakes twice and the extra 70degC the DOT5 gives is reassuring. Get it from your local motorbike shop. If you have 4.1 do a full bleed - replace ALL the fluid and flush the system out.

I can't say about all Avids, but the Juicy Ultimates I have have no bleed nipple to use. You have to bleed them from the levers, not the discs. I tried the "conventional" ways 'til I was blue in the face and finally coughed up for a bleed kit...

oh crap, I only see that now. How stupid. It's like they saw a way to make more money by selling bleed kits.

oh crap, I only see that now. How stupid. It's like they saw a way to make more money by selling bleed kits.

Yep - pretty annoying. But I got my LBS to give me a good price on the kit and a couple of my friends have also used it, so I don't feel so ripped off...