NEW@Teak

L.T.G

I almost, almost!!, drove all the way to Van Gaalens this morning for nothing...it's supposed to be closed today (well the trails)only remembered the Cradle Quest just in time...

so opted for Teak as it's closer and didn't feel like the drive back from Groenkloof then still have to head to work!

Anyway, after that pointless and boring intro....

I arrived there half heartedly, because I really wanted to ride at VG and had a whole route planned... but MAN!!! i had a great ride, not far..only about 25 km but it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a whole lot of new single track added in on the black route (in and around the area of the climb to the "look out point")

so much of fun!!!!

you climb up an escalator style singletrack and come back down a similar styled trail again!

awesome stuff!

i also noticed, where the "under the tar road tunnel' is, there's a board that highlighted additional route options of 16km and 10km, which is nice as i pretty ride that blindly before, not knowing where to go... but I'm guessing it's marked out now...(couldn't check, didn't have time)

last time i was there i noticed something being built , now you're making me itch to get there. the other side of the road has also loads of flowing single track, technical climbs and some fast decents, can't think of anything better.

I live in Hazyview, one of the better places to mtb in S.A. However whenever I venture to the concrete jungle I always go to Teak. The best around your neck of the woods. That branded park next to the Highway is way to Jozi.

I live in Hazyview, one of the better places to mtb in S.A. However whenever I venture to the concrete jungle I always go to Teak. The best around your neck of the woods. That branded park next to the Highway is way to Jozi.

I did Mankele a couple months ago, the riding out there is amazing. you're lucky to have all that on your doorstep.

when you're out this way again you should give Van Gaalens a go too!