Park Tool Repair Stand PCS-9

Crytaan

Hi Guys,

Some help here please. I got a Park tool Repair Stand PCS-9 for my Birth day. I have attached the product documentation which I got from the parktool website. PCS-9_Inst_Post_8-07_200848_22838.pdf

If you look at the Clamp Assembly(6), the rod goes through the Tapered Sleeve(7), Top Tube Weldment(8), Handle Boss Sleeve(9), and a Washer(10), into the Clamp Handle Assembly(10).

When tightening the Clamp Handle Assembly(10) it should forces the Clamp Assembly(6) together with the Tapered Sleeve(7) into the cone opening of the Top Tube Weldment(8) to keep the bike from hanging to the front because of the weight(Or this is what I would imagine should be the case). However, when I tighten the Clamp Handle Assembly(11) it doesn’t push the Handle Boss Sleeve(9) all the way into the back of the Top Tube Weldment(8) to create the back force to actually tighten the entire assembly the Top Tube Weldment(8).

From what I can see is that the rod on the Clamp Assembly(6) is too long, because the rod can only go about 3-5CM into the Clamp Handle Assembly(11), but there is about 5-7CM standing out. So I thought I would just grind a CM or two from the rod.

Does anyone have the same stand with the same problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

If the wording is confusing, please let me know so that I can explain.

Regards

C.

I just measured the distance from the outer edge(i.e the edge furthest away from the clamp) of the tapered plastic sleeve (7) to the end of the rod (where the threads end) and it is 229mm.

Before you grind away go and measure your rod...(no comments on that statement please......)

Sorry for the hijack, I'm just chuffed with my stand!!

Park Tool : R900.00

Garage Tool: R102.95

See if he will swop with you? You never know

Not nearly as many as for the parktools one, have you ever been to Thabazimbi? They stripped a whole mountain to get to that metal ore stuff!!!

but the metal is recyclable. your trees.. oi. you've got to love it long time..

He can always recycle it by having a braai :lol:

Just realised theres probably more metal in mine than in the parktools one. The first time I tested it that back piece of wood bent like a banana. Logically, the first solution that came to mind was to get a lighter bike but I ended up attaching that piece of square tubing you see in the pic. Now the thing weighs a ton but hey, it works.

Hows the healing going guys?

Just realised theres probably more metal in mine than in the parktools one. The first time I tested it that back piece of wood bent like a banana. Logically, the first solution that came to mind was to get a lighter bike but I ended up attaching that piece of square tubing you see in the pic. Now the thing weighs a ton but hey, it works.

Hows the healing going guys?

Hijack on

Not good for me, I'll be off the bike till at least Monday. even had to waste R200 for the Doctor to say no anti- biotics needed(all of 5 mins in the surgery), Thats no riding in over a week from a few damn roasties, although the one is more then a roastie, more like a gash :(

Hijack off

Good luck, if it makes you feel any better, I went for a ride this afternoon for the first time in over a week. Work, work, work.

But get well soon!

Good luck, if it makes you feel any better, I went for a ride this afternoon for the first time in over a week. Work, work, work.

But get well soon!

"lots of cursing" How did that make me feel better:( , at least you rode. I just made my bike look nice, tried to ride it on the driveway and ended up cracking the big gash/roastie open and bled all over the place.:mellow: So not good again. My bed looks like a State hospital at the moment, all filthy. I have had to sleep on a towel for a week as not to bleed on the sheet, then to wake up in the morning with a top sheet stuck/glued to my knee. Not fun pulling that off