Best XC Crankset?

Palaeodom

Afternoon Hubbers,

Looking to fork out on a new lightweight crank set for XC riding...looking for advice/experience and recommendations.

The alternatives seem to be the Truvativ Noir, The FSA K-Force, the XTR or RaceFace i know there are a bunch of others and would like to hear from anyone with other ideas.

All seem pretty expensive so want to make at least an informed choice.

I'm running SLX at the moment, i agree it is great value. Looking to upgrade. I am looking for a triple ring though, depsite the weight saving of the 2x10, just because the 10 on the back would require an whole new groupset and i've just upgraded my shifters FD and RD.

SLX is like 105 for the road...very good value for money and very good quality but not the lightest.

XTR 10 speed just looks so fast :)

You can always get a 9 speed XTR crank at a very good price.

Out of interest what do you call a very good price for an XTR. Are they much bettern than the XT?

Always a little worried about XTR durability and maintenance.

been running the XTR M970 for the last 2 years,excellent cranks - take a beating and the rings are still in good condition,only had to replace the BB after 15months.I highly recommend them

XTR is great, I have a brand new 175mm crankset with BB still in box!

R2900! ;)

r u in cape town? I am interested.

XTR is great, I have a brand new 175mm crankset with BB still in box!

R2900! ;)

How much better is XTR then XT, is the performance sooo much better or is it that its purely a weight saving exercise? I wanna upgrade soon, and not sure if its worth it

I have the XTR on my marathon bike and XT on my trail bike,the XTR is lighter and I feel it shifts better.

I ride XT cranks but XTR are lighter (about 90 grams :) and stronger according to the guys that have gone from XT.I don't feel the difference though.

XTR cranks have been going from R2500 here in the classifieds.OPC sounds like a good deal with BB.

I have the XTR on my marathon bike and XT on my trail bike,the XTR is lighter and I feel it shifts better.

ooohhh shifting better