15QR / Through Axle on Fox Fork and a 'normal' hub.

Ginger_Ninja

Ok, so the through axle is a very nice idea, it makes a difference in handling and inspires confidence when cornering and all the rest... however...

I have a fox fork that uses the through axle, on a Giant Trance X2 that I bought second-hand. Now, the bearings on the wheel-set that I got with the bike is shot, which is not such a big issue as I have a spare set of Fulcrum Red Metal 5's lying at home that I was going to use in any case.

Until I tried to fit them. Went to LBS, and phoned another, and the just of the situation is that I now have to either fit a new HUB on the fulcrum if I insist on using it, or I have to buy a new wheel-set. I don’t particularly want to use the current wheel-set as it weighs a ton.

Is there a way around this? Is there some sort of 'ghetto' conversion that can be done?

So are you saying you cant get the axle through the a hub that is made for skewers?

'ghetto' a large drill and.............

No. need a new hub for the front for axle.

Edited by TNOSE_E