Doctor Wanted

IronTry

Guys can anyone recommend a GP who knows what they are talking about when it comes to training and actually keeps up to date with Nutrition and sport.

I would like to see a doctor who treats athletes like athletes and will be able to offer guidance to getting better from a health perspective but keeps in mind your sporting requirements. I find to often that doctors are not keeping up to date with technologies and theories around, health, performance and nutrition sciences and give very little guidance around that area.

As an example: If I am competing in a long endurance event and am taking a product like hammer and experience gastric issues (which I am not Hammer is great) I would like a doctor to look at the product and relate it back to me as an individual and give me some guidance around that rather than saying "Don't take this product"

Thoughts?

Tim Noaks... problem is not everything agrees with everyone. Hammer for example will work for you, for me it won't. Food , and supplements are very difficult areas(IMO) to deal with. Ask me, going to another quack next week, hopefully he'll sort out my hernia problems.

Tim Noaks... problem is not everything agrees with everyone. Hammer for example will work for you, for me it won't. Food , and supplements are very difficult areas(IMO) to deal with. Ask me, going to another quack next week, hopefully he'll sort out my hernia problems.

Yeah thats Just it though, everyone is different and needs to be looked at in that light. I want a doctor who looks at me as in individual case study not a mass statistic based on something they read somewhere.

Just carry on trying different things and products, eventually you will get something that works for you. It could take months though, in my case years. Products change all the time but if you want to keep it really simple use as much fruit as possible. Yes, you also need complex carbs but theres more nutrition in fruit than we actually know.

Just carry on trying different things and products, eventually you will get something that works for you. It could take months though, in my case years. Products change all the time but if you want to keep it really simple use as much fruit as possible. Yes, you also need complex carbs but theres more nutrition in fruit than we actually know.

Speak of fruit, a couple of issues ago Bicycling had an article on one of the teams in the TDFs eating habits and how they changed that to be all natural non processed foods. Not even pasta. And how their performance improved. Not sure by how much and for now ignoring the possible doping.

Where are you based?

There is a good doc in Menlyn. She does Ironman and stuff herself and knows what can and cannot be done.