MTB RIDES NEAR PINETOWN

swoosh1973

I will be moving to Pine Town (KZN) area in January 2010. Where can I find loads of trails near Pinetown? Where can and cant I ride? Any safety tips? Any incidents and bike jackings? :huh:

Besided Giba gorge what are the best options.

Group rides, organised rides?

PLEASE HELP. I am comming from Sommerset West in Western Cape and I am very spoilt with ride options.

I will be moving to Pine Town (KZN) area in January 2010. Where can I find loads of trails near Pinetown? Where can and cant I ride? Any safety tips? Any incidents and bike jackings? :huh:

PLEASE HELP. I am comming from Sommerset West in Western Cape and I am very spoilt with ride options.

There are some new trails that will be opening up soon(or pretty much have), some riding friends rode these virgin tracks yesterday and said it was awesome, http://www.singletrackminded.co.za/index.php, otherwise their is outrides from Polo Pony(Shongweni). Or you could head up the North Coast to Holla Trails. If youre keen drop us a PM, could always hook up on weekends :D Im keen to do some more exploring myself:clap:.

We have some good rides down south,'toti,Scottsburgh

never had any problems the clubs have a very good relationship with the locals.

PM me and I can give more info....welcome to MTB heaven :clap:

We have some good rides down south,'toti,Scottsburgh

never had any problems the clubs have a very good relationship with the locals.

PM me and I can give more info....welcome to MTB heaven :clap:

Have you riden Tuckers Trails yet?

Pinetown doesn't really have much in the way of trails or outrides I'm afraid. Your closest and probably safest bet is Giba which would probably be a 15min drive from Pinetown (depending on where in Pinetown).

There's the Westville cycling club you should consider joining though I'm not 100% sure as to the state of their mtb'ing, their roadies are active, they've passed me a few times on early morning rides.

Riding in Shongweni only a good idea if you're in a group and there are a few who do a ride there early sat and sun mornings, also I think you now need a sugar cane licence which you can get from cyclelab. Your best bet would be to contact Cycelab Hillcrest, they'll know who to contact and I think they still organise a friday morning coffee ride (really really clow ride but a way to meet people) and a saturday afternoon racing snakes ride.

Further afield there's the hilton/howick area with loads of trails and regular meets over weekends, have a look at www.mtbiker.co.za for more details there. Someone else mentioned Holla trails which I have yet to ride but I'm told it's excellent.

Pinetown doesn't really have much in the way of trails or outrides I'm afraid. Your closest and probably safest bet is Giba which would probably be a 15min drive from Pinetown (depending on where in Pinetown).

There's the Westville cycling club you should consider joining though I'm not 100% sure as to the state of their mtb'ing, their roadies are active, they've passed me a few times on early morning rides.

Riding in Shongweni only a good idea if you're in a group and there are a few who do a ride there early sat and sun mornings, also I think you now need a sugar cane licence which you can get from cyclelab. Your best bet would be to contact Cycelab Hillcrest, they'll know who to contact and I think they still organise a friday morning coffee ride (really really clow ride but a way to meet people) and a saturday afternoon racing snakes ride.

Further afield there's the hilton/howick area with loads of trails and regular meets over weekends, have a look at www.mtbiker.co.za for more details there. Someone else mentioned Holla trails which I have yet to ride but I'm told it's excellent.

Where you from EigerSA?

Hi Cejay,

I am organizing a multi day MTB event that ends in Scottburgh, can you give me some details of good trails around the Scottburgh are?

Hi Cejay,

I am organizing a multi day MTB event that ends in Scottburgh, can you give me some details of good trails around the Scottburgh are?

Sounds very interesting PM me!!!

Guys. A BIG THANK YOU!!!

This is very valuable tips and believe me I will be taking your advice to heart.

MT BIKING is a seriouse part of my life. I do road riding too but only for big races or if a team of freinds ask me..not realy my thing if I can help it. I just love single track but I also require seriouse and mean long climbs to feel that I get a decent workout fix.