Knee problems

graham cube

Hi

I have a very bad knee and have decided to get a full knee replacement done in Jan 2011.

I was wondering if anyone had a had this done, how is the knee holding up? I really would like to ride my mountain bike after the operation.

I would like to be strong on my bike again, is this possible?

Thanks

Grim

I had a very bad dog. Had it replaced and no problems now. Had a very bad pie once but had to replace an o-ring after that.

Sorry, dont know about the knee thing (bump)

I had Microsfracture surgery about 12 weeks ago, so it is no way the same, I do however have some suggestions.

1. Do your homework over and over again, especially when it comes to choosing the right Doctor.

2. Get a second opinion.

3. Make sure he is reputable and specializes in knees.

4. Make sure you find out about post op recovery before hand

5.Go to physio and Bio and make sure you do the exersizes.

6.Make follow up appointments with the Doc to check your progress.

7. Be patient

8. Listen to your body

I can't emphasize these enough, I had surgery about 12 weeks ago, it's been one royal cock up after the next.

I am now going for my third opinion.......post op.

Good Luck

had torn acl,multiple meniscus tears and some other goodies after playing soccer with the kids.Today is 8 weeks after the op with harvesting tendons from hamstring.currently doing 45 min a day on the stationery bike as well as some exercises.my advice is to get a good fisio as in my case i believe the rehab after the op is the NB part.had a knee op on the other knee 14 years ago and it took me 16 months and two follow up ops to be where i am now within 8 weeks.I am going back to the surgeon for follow up consultation this friday and will have a better idea as to when I can be on the mtb again.do the fisio exercises.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest glamguy

Donno much about it. Anywayz all the best for your operation.

Guest agteros

What is wrong that you need to do a undergo a full knee replacement?

This is serious and aggressive corrective surgery. My mother was a polio sufferer. She had a hip replacement. She followed the rules as Airborne described above and the results was amazing. Quality of life improvement and increased mobility astounding.

Listen to the doctors and others involved and followvthe rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Be as it may, with my limited knowledge, and full understanding, the only thing I can say is goodluck, I really hope it goes well.

:thumbup: