Stilbaai/Jongensfontein

Skaap

Hi Guys

will it be possible to ride gravel or mostly gravel routes from Heidelberg to Stil Baai? or at least from Riversdale to Stilbaai?

Miles and miles of gravel options between Helderberg and Stilbaai, basically every public road south of the N2 is gravel (except the R305 to Stilbaai and the R322 to Witsand). Lots of wind and lots of rolling hills so its good training :-)

Miles and miles of gravel options between Helderberg and Stilbaai, basically every public road south of the N2 is gravel (except the R305 to Stilbaai and the R322 to Witsand). Lots of wind and lots of rolling hills so its good training :-)

Cool thanks.

I'll slap a Google Earth route together, try to memorise it, pack a camelbak, and ask my fiancee to meet me in stillies. How hard can it be?

Might pull in for those 6o'clock rides as well.

Hi Guys

will it be possible to ride gravel or mostly gravel routes from Heidelberg to Stil Baai? or at least from Riversdale to Stilbaai?

You can head south to Vermaaklikheid and from there to Stilbaai via Blombos. This route is however fairly flat. If you're looking for something more challenging, stick with the roads a bit further north (closer to Riversdal) and approach Stilbaai from the north west next to the river. You'll have 12 km rolling hills before a flat 8km into town.