REAL CRC FAIL

Headshot

...I still ended up out of pocket about R200 and without the chianrings I had ordered.

Seems their site does not work so well when showing stock status. In my case I ordered a set of Middleburn 4 bolt rings for my XT crank. My card was debited but the goods did not arrive and 10 days later my account was refunded the amount charged - less about R100.

I immediately queried it and discovered my order was still being processed. Seems one of the rings was out of stock - despite not showing when I ordered the set. This did not stop them debiting my card but they never notified me of the problem.

They did good and sent the balance of the order via DHL at no cost but only after I started complaining but it still left me without R600's worth of rings and about R200 short all told.

I did moan a bit so they may do something about their site and their business methods, but be careful.

Exchange rate fluctuations? Your card is debited in pounds and then convereted into rand at that day's exchange rate. The rand prices are a guide only.

While I haven't had the same experience concerning a refund, I have had something similar when ordering Middleburn blades.

I got a stock alert email saying they were back in stock. I rushed to CRC, added the stuff (that was shown as being in stock), and by the time I had paid, it was out of stock again.

I just think the Middleburn stuff is very popular, and as rare as hens teeth.

They never have a red Hope seat clamp for me! :angry:

ummm... I just tell you that to make you feel better when I place orders without you

Order from CWC.... They're much better and they're prices are mostly the same...

Some stuff yes.

Not even close on most stuff

Some stuff yes.

Not even close on most stuff

Precisely - they sure as hell dont have sets of middleburn rings for my XT crank. That said I do buy from CWC - got my Reba team for less than the pre-vat price on CRC.

Exchange rate fluctuations for sure, I accept that, but my card was debited and refund was less and redebited for a higer ammount for teh same reason, sans the rings. Toughies i guess but their system and comms leaves a lot to be desired....