Think Car!

Robert Lofthouse

I'm sorry, but I'm still hung up about all the cyclists on the highways. Went through Bloem a couple of weeks back and was shocked to see the amount of cyclists on the N1 ... and then they don't even stick to the left of the yellow line.

It's the law of averages people. At some point someone is going to get hit, and at 120km/h you, as a cyclist, have absolutely no chance!

Nice post kingcompass.

Edited by Squier

Here is a challange, just for one day try not to exceed the speed limit and you will see what i mean, people litterally pressure you to drive faster. Since 60 means 80, 80 means 100 and 120 means 160 in South African terms. Personally I am now going to stick to the speed limits theres no way my license gets revoked and I have to be forced to use our brilliant public transport system :) sorry to all you guys that are going to get stuck driving behind mr daisy.

I think dislexia is the latest health problem in this country.

covie, i tend to do that already - even on my sv. it's amazing how irate people get when they are "stuck" behind you just because they kdon't want to change tot he right lane to go past... instead they WILL try to push past in the emergency lane/gutter to try show their disapproval that you are riding / driving too slow!

covie, i tend to do that already - even on my sv. it's amazing how irate people get when they are "stuck" behind you just because they kdon't want to change tot he right lane to go past... instead they WILL try to push past in the emergency lane/gutter to try show their disapproval that you are riding / driving too slow!

What is this "sv" you are talking about..... I Googled it and I get safety valve, San Salvador, sexual violence. Is it something everybody should know. Fgsptu??????

and when they get irritated, and attempt to climb into my boot, I slow down even more...I they wanna get irriated, I know how to make that worse.

Problem with our SA road drivers are we are naturally aggressive drivers, be in on cycle, bike, car, or truck. With this new aarto system so many people are going to loose their licenses and only realize it too late.

Here is a challange, just for one day try not to exceed the speed limit and you will see what i mean, people litterally pressure you to drive faster. Since 60 means 80, 80 means 100 and 120 means 160 in South African terms. Personally I am now going to stick to the speed limits theres no way my license gets revoked and I have to be forced to use our brilliant public transport system :) sorry to all you guys that are going to get stuck driving behind mr daisy.

Im with you on this, and if you tailgate me I will drive even slower.