Sudden weight gain

chris_w_65

mmm...i would go for an xray if i were you, maybe the left the tools inside and then sew you up....or a bed pan...or a baby pig or something.

good luck and get well!

Guest agteros

Wierd, on Saturday morning I weighed 81.8kg. I broke my collarbone and now I weigh 87.2kg. The plate and screws can't be that heavy. Maybe there is serious fluid retention around the swelling.

Even wierder is that my scale says my sceletal/muscle mass has increased by 7kg

WTF?

The total increase is a bit weird, but if it is one of those fancy scales that work out Body Fat / composition it can be that the plate altered your body's electric signature and hence the readings will be off influencing the calculations and hence the incrfease in muscle mass.... Just be glad, it could have told you that you turned into a fat lazy slob now that you can't cycle for a while

Sorry to hear about the mishap. It happens so quickly. Good luck with the healing.

Thanks

Looks like most of the swelling has gone down, my weight is back to normal

If you don't believe the scale, try your jeans and usual leather belt. Still the same hole in the belt? :unsure:

Edited by Mongoose!

If you don't believe the scale, try your jeans and usual leather belt. Still the same hole in the belt? :unsure:

I checked with another scale, it was extra weight from the swelling on my shoulder and on my hip. Took a week to lose it

Maybe the drip I was on hydrated me more than normal too

Edited by chris_w_65