Condensation inside Edge 705

Bat-ass

My Garmin Edge 705 is 3 months old. when i ride on a hot day, and the screen is in direct sunlight, condensation forms inside on the screen. When its not in direct sunlight heat there is no sign of moisture.

I have been caught in the rain once or twice, but its a bike computer. its never been dunked in water.

Does anybody know if its a problem, or if i shouldnt woory about it. Or if there is a way to dry it?

Take it back to Avnic while it is still under warranty, it shouldnt be doing that.

Somewhere it is not sealed properly

Cool!

Otherwise it might just cause you further hassles down the road (just when the warranty expires), all that moisture that builds up each time is not good for it

Mine does the same thing. Has been since I got it 2 years ago. It has never caused me any issues. I don't even notice it anymore. Go figure!!

I also had similiar, took it to Avnic and they said i must have dropped it causing the seal to leak. Rode with it for a long time till i experienced an unrelated problem which Avnic after much hesitation then swopped out the unit for me.

Try putting it in and cover it with uncooked rice for a few days that should draw out the moisture. That is why there is rice in the salt shakers and it works great on cell phones cameras etc as well

I'm starting to think its me???? My Lowrance fishfinder, and my handheld Garmin on my boat do the same! They all been splashed plenty, but not dunked?

Try putting it in and cover it with uncooked rice for a few days that should draw out the moisture. That is why there is rice in the salt shakers and it works great on cell phones cameras etc as well

I'm gona try that. i will open the USB cover and SD card cover aswell to allow the moisture out?? i also heard putting it the freezer works? apparently the air in the freezed is dry because all the moisture is frozen out of it??