What to do? Wheelset

Caerus

I wanna build a tubeless set of wheels for the missus, I have a pair of Mavic 317 which are still new lying about theat has the front wheel all made up still, so only needs a conversion to tubeless done. The rear wheel needs a new hub, so got a bit of a dilema, what decent rear hub to buy -Im not wanting to spend too much as she is still getting into the sport. Im thinking either Hope,Shimano XT or im open to any suggestions please. :)

Also will the Mavic's be ok to do the tubeless conversion with?

You better give the missus your new wheels and not the old junk or she may go to OZ without you :lol:

Nah, those are still good wheels - They have done only minumum milage too - She is more then happy with a few hand me downs :lol:

My wife runs 317's but they are tubed. With tubes they weigh the same as my tubeless DT Swiss. I know that by making them tubeless there will be w weight penalty for her.

Now she only weighs 50 kilos so adding the extra weight is not worth it PLUS, she only has had one snakebite in 2 years of racing.