Pegasus registration refused

Chrispy

Press release - Pegasus Sports: registration refused

Date:

Description:On the basis of the file submitted to it within the established deadline and taking into account the opinion of Ernst & Young, the UCI Licence Commission today decided to refuse the registration of the Australian team Pegasus Sports as a UCI Professional Continental Team.

This decision brings the registration procedure for 2011 to a close for first and second division. Therefore, there are 23 teams registered as UCI Professional Continental Teams for next season.

UCI Press Service

very disappointing, I wonder where to for them now?

I wish them luck in finding a new spot.

Can Pegasus appeal?

Edited by 101SCC

That sucks! SA riders screwed! Any specific reason why they were refused?

E&Y as always been bad news!

UCI refuses Pegasus Sports license

By: Cycling NewsPublished: December 20, 17:25, Updated: December 20, 18:15Edition:Second Edition Cycling News, Monday, December 20, 2010

Australian team fails to gain Pro Continental license

The UCI announced today that it has refused to register the Australian team Pegasus Sports as a Professional Continental team. It also stated that it has now closed the registration for the first and second division teams.

The announcement did not rule out the possibility that Pegasus Sports could be registered as a Continental team.

Pegasus Sports signed a number of big name riders, most notably sprinters Robbie McEwen and Robert Hunter, and had been seeking a ProTeam license.

It lost a major financial backer earlier this month, and scrambled to meet the UCI's deadline for a revised application.

The management - who had told Cyclingnews that they had found a backer last week - have only been notified that the application has been refused and that reasons will be given in the coming days.

“I know nothing more than what’s been announced. In the official communication to the team it was said that the reasons why they had been refused would be communicated within a few days. All they have for now is the decision," said Enrico Carpani from the UCI.

The decision could see a raft of riders leave the team even if they reach Continental level. However according to Carpani the riders were free to find new squads as early as October.

"The riders are free to sign for other teams. They were already free from the beginning of October when we published a list of the teams who had completed the UCI application. That was done in order to give the riders the chance to find another squad. The Pegasus riders were therefore theoretically free to change teams then," he said.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-refuses-pegasus-sports-license