9 speed Campy

argie1

Right, I have worn some of the sprocket teeth as they jump with a new chain. Ask LBS for a replacement and they say, not a 11 - 23 in stock but only a 12 - 23, last one available. Why not upgrade to 10 or 11 speed?

First Q:

If I bought the last available 9 speed campy unit, how would I know if the 11 on my existing free hub would fit in place of the 12?

Second Q:

If I do buy the last available, do you think I would be "forced" to upgrade in the future? Never really used more than 8 gears anyway.

I am still on the 9spd and no problem for getting parts, if not available local i then order from crc or total cycling.I am sure there is still a couple of years left for camy 9spd.(campag c9 chain is still the best)

CRC has a steady supply of 9 speed campy casettes. Campy even still makes the 8 speed Record casettes for those of us still using 8 speed. Its just the local Campag importers that dont see a need to support the 9 speed market.