Carnival Macsteel Route

water bottle

A few of us did part of the above route on saturday, and all of us are in agreement... the road surface is bad after the silos, not a road to be doing big races on. Last year Germiston Wheelers repaired a long strech of the road past the settlement area. Most of us decided it is going to be to risky to do this race, and it would be unfair for GW to have to do what goverment should be doing, and that is to repair roads again. Always did this race, good and fast for most riders, but not this year, unless something is done to road surface or route.

All they nead to do is fill all the holes the day before with sand. Thrashed both my Tandem's rims last year with Emperors race!

after saturday's ride, shopping list for the group of 14:

2 bend rims - one a deep section.

3 punctures.

I am aware that GW is trying to get the road sorted out, but hey.....last year they did the road repairs... come on...they are a cycling club... not a sub department for the roadworks division.

after saturday's ride, shopping list for the group of 14:

2 bend rims - one a deep section.

3 punctures.

I am aware that GW is trying to get the road sorted out, but hey.....last year they did the road repairs... come on...they are a cycling club... not a sub department for the roadworks division.

If I get your point - GW should leave out the repairs, can the race and make the Roads Dept suffer........... and suffer they will!!