29er is King

Aggies

First 3 places at the Attakwas.

David George :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stephan Sahm :clap: :clap:

Karl Platt :clap:

a Sign of the times?

or just a stirr for those 26" believers?

and don't come with the "because they are sponsored" story - they had the choice.

Waffles anyone ? :P

It's like a sloping top tube.

Giant started it many years back and it took a long time for other companies to catch on to the trend and benefits.Some companies still do straight top tubes and some don't.

At the end of the day you still have a choice and it will be the same here.26" Mountain bikes will always be around for those that prefer them.

Guest agteros

First 3 places at the Attakwas.

David George :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stephan Sahm :clap: :clap:

Karl Platt :clap:

a Sign of the times?

or just a stirr for those 26" believers?

and don't come with the "because they are sponsored" story - they had the choice.

Great marketing platform... Sure they would have taken it on an old 26" Raleigh hard tail with cable disk brakes and a polymer shock :)

Waffles anyone ? :P

With a double serving of ice cream please and syrup please :drool: :whistling:

Would like a side order of ice-cream....

Its purely choice, whatever you are comfortable with. Look at moto-cross, four stroke verses two. Two completely different machines but they still compete against each other, just utilize different styles when riding :) . My two cents....

Got both standing in the lounge (lounge is the bike room...), 29er is hubbies, 26 is mine. Have ridden it, and even though it is a tad big for me, i still prefer my 26 much to my hubbies horror. Its a personal preference thing at the end of the day.

Would have been interesting if Kev had also raced and was still riding a volcan for MTN, what would he have ridden ? They have a 29ér hardtail but seems the MTN team all rode the 26" FS pro bikes.

ANd the Swiss (?) lady that won, what bike was she on ?

I am asking for a re-fund, I was nowhere near the front on my 29" wheels.

Ja - please mention to everyone that you were on a 29er SS and finished very high.

No refund awarded - just a big WELL DONE. :clap:

Would they not have won if they were on 26" anyways?

I believe NO. Max Knox would have been up there. Remember that George was on his own. Look at previous races how they out foxed him with team riding.

Max with Brandon would have been a much bigger factor.

My question - Cannodale is bringing out 29ers. How long before Max and Brandon is also using it? What else can you do if the guys in front is using it? :D

I believe NO. Max Knox would have been up there. Remember that George was on his own. Look at previous races how they out foxed him with team riding.

Max with Brandon would have been a much bigger factor.

My question - Cannodale is bringing out 29ers. How long before Max and Brandon is also using it? What else can you do if the guys in front is using it? :D

How did George fair on his 29" alu(?)'dale flash last year ?

How did George fair on his 29" alu(?)'dale flash last year ?

I am stirring the 26" brigade. Did you not mention that you are having waffels? What are you doing, posting Dave?

I am stirring the 26" brigade. Did you not mention that you are having waffels? What are you doing, posting Dave?

Oh sorry ran out of maple syrup there :P

Anyway, George could have won it on a tricycle for all I care, the fact is that it shows that he is in good shape and there exists the possibility that we can finally have a saffa team win the Epic !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: