How many top riders on a Zula?

anthemboy

So I know Raoul de Jongh and Roan Excelby rides/rode the Zula. How many other well known or less known good riders are making use of the Zula?

I need to upgrade from my Anthem Team dual to something else. I had my heart set on a Zula, but all this talk about 29ers are confusing the crap out of me. Did a test ride on the Cannondale Flash 29er the other day. The ride was pretty good all round, but it is still not a dual on the DH's. I also don't like the parts setup on the standard bike. I still have more faith in Shimano.

Will the Zula be faster than a good spec 2007 Anthem or will I be about on the same level as I am currently?

PS: I do the odd XC race, mostly provincial and did some Nats last year. Prefer enduro's and stage racing.

The best bike for you is the one you want to ride....

Try out all the ones on your shortlist...Andre at rush was very helpfull in setting up a demo for me.

I'm riding a Zula, and with all this 29er hipe I was also looking at the 29er flash but after this weeks attakwas I decided that I will much rather keep the Zula, its an excellent ride!

I had a similar experience in a local race on Sunday, where I appreciated my dual. I have done 2 Attakwas races before and most people back then were on duals and many of them on Anthems. That was 2 years ago though.

It seems that the bikes would have a very similar weight if the spec is similar. Everyone raves about the ride on the Zula. I weigh around 73kg and climbing is one of my stronger points, just don't want to sacrifice that. The Zula is labeled as a XC/marathon bike. I'm just worried it might end up feeling more like an "all mountain" bike.

I'm riding a Zula, and with all this 29er hipe I was also looking at the 29er flash but after this weeks attakwas I decided that I will much rather keep the Zula, its an excellent ride!

May I ask what your time was more or less?

My goal was to beat 7hrs but just missed it :angry:

Thanks, not bad at all. I only managed just over 7h30 2 years ago. Will give it another go next year.