Spin or Grind

Grebel

Gents

Some observations from yesterdays Hill repeats :

There is a clear improvement in my time up that hill with the 11/28 : did 4 repeats 1.5km 7% at avg of 20% improvement on time.

Legs not burning that badly only had to stand up on the first bend where the gradient goes 9%!!

Heartbeat maxed out at 194 BPM which is way lower then 210BPM of last week on the 11/24 ratio. (194BPM=108% of Maxheartrate).

Then I made an effort to sit up straight, to emulate the MTB set up ,I Sh*T you not it felt more comfortable !!!

(how do you change the bike setup on a roadbike to have more of an upright body position i.e. MTB):thumbup:

Witch is the climb you did? So we can train on it should we meet you up that climb you can not get away: lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The winding might also have something to do with your position on the road bike. More relaxed = more air able to come in than when you are crunched over...

mmmm , there is a lot of merit in the statement above !!!! Tried this yesterday ,and felt better all the way up the Hill ,now to change bike set up as close as poosible to this "upright position" Scotty says I must buy a Hybrid......... any other pearls of wisdom ?:thumbup:

mmmm , there is a lot of merit in the statement above !!!! Tried this yesterday ,and felt better all the way up the Hill ,now to change bike set up as close as poosible to this "upright position" Scotty says I must buy a Hybrid......... any other pearls of wisdom ?:thumbup:

Go to Nic at Cycle Zone and ask him to show you how the three different position setups on the setup machine works and let him show you an example of how the setup changes, and then go to your bike and by using the same principle has he shown you, set up your bike

Go to Nic at Cycle Zone and ask him to show you how the three different position setups on the setup machine works and let him show you an example of how the setup changes, and then go to your bike and by using the same principle has he shown you, set up your bike

tx Marco

will do ,by the way, were you in the "wildtuin " yesterday" ?:thumbup:

tx Marco

will do ,by the way, were you in the "wildtuin " yesterday" ?:thumbup:

No not me, did a few sprints through the houses till I got a flat, went home very :angry:

Marco, as in "ocram"?

Which hill do you train on, CharlV, is it the one in the Game Reserve? Used to do up to ten hill repeats on that one. Makes you strong, could feel improvement the next time I rode "George" and also Hekpoort.

Edited by Wannabe

Marco, as in "ocram"?

Which hill do you train on, CharlV, is it the one in the Game Reserve? Used to do up to ten hill repeats on that one. Makes you strong, could feel improvement the next time I rode "George" and also Hekpoort.

Hi Andre

Yes ,in die wildtuin ! I suspect it;s not quite 1.5km but close ,and hopefully I'll be able to do more then 6 repeats in two weeks time !!! dry.gif Dit is donders seer daai laaste repeat !!!!:blink:

Hi Andre

Yes ,in die wildtuin ! I suspect it;s not quite 1.5km but close ,and hopefully I'll be able to do more then 6 repeats in two weeks time !!! dry.gif Dit is donders seer daai laaste repeat !!!!:blink:

PAIN IS YOUR FRIEND, of soos die gesegde lui, "No pain, no gain". Dit raak darem makliker hoe meer jy dit doen. Onthou net om so 'n sessie net eenkeer in 'n week te doen, en om of te te rus die volgende dag, of om 'n recovery ride te doen anders is "overtraining" jou voorland.

Maar ek glo jy weet dit. Geniet die oefen daar. Hoop om jul met die Argus te sien. Mis nogal my fietsry pelle daar.

Hi Andre

This is how we train in the "wildtuin", Start at the gate and go right to the top, back down to the gate, back to the top, turn around at the top come back down to the halfway view point, go back to the top and repeat the halfway view point 5 x

PAIN IS YOUR FRIEND, of soos die gesegde lui, "No pain, no gain". Dit raak darem makliker hoe meer jy dit doen. Onthou net om so 'n sessie net eenkeer in 'n week te doen, en om of te te rus die volgende dag, of om 'n recovery ride te doen anders is "overtraining" jou voorland.

Maar ek glo jy weet dit. Geniet die oefen daar. Hoop om jul met die Argus te sien. Mis nogal my fietsry pelle daar.

Soek ons maar in die Rustenburg Multisport "Aksie Pakkie" :thumbup: :lol:

This is how we train in the "wildtuin", Start at the gate and go right to the top, back down to the gate, back to the top, turn around at the top come back down to the halfway view point, go back to the top and repeat the halfway view point 5 x

Freeeeek !!!! :o Give us some lap times up and down please ,Id love to use it as a benchmark ,have a feeling I am waaaaayyyy behind!!!!!!

Freeeeek !!!! :o Give us some lap times up and down please ,Id love to use it as a benchmark ,have a feeling I am waaaaayyyy behind!!!!!!

never took lap time, after we did the training takes about 3 day just to see normal again, but will make a point of taking it next time. :thumbup:

never took lap time, after we did the training takes about 3 day just to see normal again, but will make a point of taking it next time. :thumbup:

Shot!

I used my starting point at the road that goes down into the valley, just before the climb starts properly. Go all the way over the top to the speedhumps, turn around and recover on the way down. Turn around at the "valley road" and repeat. Unfortunately did not have my Polar at that stage, so no times. But my legs surely knew about it the next day. :eek: