Which province has the friendliest cyclist?

umusneva

Which province has the friendliest cyclists? I think Gauteng 1st, Western Cape stone last. A simple wave is all it takes. When in the Cape in December I was shocked at how unfriendly the local cyclists were when riding past one another. Lighten up, no need to be unfriendly! Gauteng is my home and I am proud to say I am a cyclist from Gauteng. Hope this post will make a positive difference.

Not at all bud! I initiated plenty of waving and greeting. After about ten days I just gave up. It was Knysna to be exact. Don't want to take out the whole Cape province but I wasn't impressed. If you have cycled in Gauteng you'll know what I mean. The guys are very friendly! Just mu observation though. Let's see what the others have to say!

Try-athlette.......never :thumbdown:

Roadie.............maybe :thumbup:

MTBer..............always :clap:

Easter-Capers are generaly a freindly bunch!

.....But thats my opinion.......

Which province has the friendliest cyclists? I think Gauteng 1st, Western Cape stone last. A simple wave is all it takes. When in the Cape in December I was shocked at how unfriendly the local cyclists were when riding past one another. Lighten up, no need to be unfriendly! Gauteng is my home and I am proud to say I am a cyclist from Gauteng. Hope this post will make a positive difference.

All the Gautengers were in the Cape for the December holidays :P

Western cape cyclists also brake the law more than GP riders :P was shocked to see how many of them were riding in the middle of the road and cycling straight through red robots. But then again half of GP and Natal were in WC for the holiday so maybe it was the tourists forgetting their manners.

I am not wanting to cause trouble here,I was worried for the riders as cars flew past them in the right hand lane.Its a problem all over the world I think. The Drivers think the road is theirs and the cyclists think the same, we need to be able to share and be fair.

I am(again)sorry if this hits a nerve but I am just expressing my views and don't want to cause trouble.

Western cape cyclists also brake the law more than GP riders :P was shocked to see how many of them were riding in the middle of the road and cycling straight through red robots. But then again half of GP and Natal were in WC for the holiday so maybe it was the tourists forgetting their manners.

I am not wanting to cause trouble here,I was worried for the riders as cars flew past them in the right hand lane.Its a problem all over the world I think. The Drivers think the road is theirs and the cyclists think the same, we need to be able to share and be fair.

I am(again)sorry if this hits a nerve but I am just expressing my views and don't want to cause trouble.

Now that you mention this, I have to throw it out there that it sounds as bad as their vehicle driving ability, generally speaking. White lines are a myth!

popcorn or waffles anyone? looks like we have another mud-slinging/name-calling thread....:P

Popcorn sounds good!...seriously not my intention of posting this comment. The intention is to make anyone, from whichever corner of the country feel guilty for ignoring a fellow cyclist who is being polite. In your hour of need, you'll not want to be known as ''the guy who never greets''.its just my opinion.

Noty easy to determine which province as you would have had to stay in each province for a period of time.

Noty easy to determine which province as you would have had to stay in each province for a period of time.

Pffffffffffft…Scotty, stop being reasonable…you're beginning to sound like Joe Low.

Rubbish!

Your home province has the friendliest cyclists.

Any other province where your rode once and a cyclist didn't greet you has the most unfriendly, stuck up, snooty, would-be Euro pro posers.

This one time, at band camp...

Edo.... There are no cyclists here..... Cyclists are not freindly.

It all depends on who you are passing. I find the average cyclists are very friendly, but then you get these wannabee oaks in bunches taking up the whole road and ignoring red traffic lights with oncomming traffic :thumbdown: They will even shout at you to keep left, bloody chops :angry: To my surprise a bunch came from the front on my Sunday ride, all neatly dressed in orange gear, and just about the whole bunch greeted me :thumbup: I just ignore the wannebees and wave at the rest. Oh, I stay on the East Rand

Pffffffffffft…Scotty, stop being reasonable…you're beginning to sound like Joe Low.

:angry: Take that back !!! :P