hijacking in Northriding

Borriz

just thought I send this warning to anyone cycling in the Northriding area, particularly the Dome area. I was hijacked from my bike yesterday morning at 5h05.

It was purely opportunistic - as I hardly ever ride from my complex. Think they were unsuccessful with an earlier house break-in and then saw me approach - obviously soft target.

They pulled a gun and forced my off the road. Kept on asking for my phone - which I don't carry. Proceeded to remove my shoes and camelbak.

After about 10 seconds I was left without Morewood Zula, camelbak and shoes - not to mention all the other stuff we carry like polar, leatherman, sun glasses and Magic shine light.

All I can say is ride and train in packs, and not even 200m of isolated road is safe.

just thought I send this warning to anyone cycling in the Northriding area, particularly the Dome area. I was hijacked from my bike yesterday morning at 5h05.

It was purely opportunistic - as I hardly ever ride from my complex. Think they were unsuccessful with an earlier house break-in and then saw me approach - obviously soft target.

They pulled a gun and forced my off the road. Kept on asking for my phone - which I don't carry. Proceeded to remove my shoes and camelbak.

After about 10 seconds I was left without Morewood Zula, camelbak and shoes - not to mention all the other stuff we carry like polar, leatherman, sun glasses and Magic shine light.

All I can say is ride and train in packs, and not even 200m of isolated road is safe.

That sucks, so sorry to have to read this. At least you're ok :thumbup: Crazy it happened so close to home too.

Hectic! Which road?

I stay by Olivedale Clinic and ride out on a fairly regular basis.

Mate, just as well you were left unscathed otherwise, much strength!!

Very sorry to hear! We protect ourselves with helmets, sunscreen, knee and whatever guards needed, but the biggest threat we can do very little about.Glad you're physically OK.

Tough one Borriz, I am in Belairs drv, will keep a lookout(white or black zula?), ysterman and I used do training rides up that way, seems like that boat has sailed for now :thumbdown: