Top Posters In This Topic

Another win for Mr Sagan - Prologue at Tour of Alberta:

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com//2013/09/04/1/13toaprlgsagan_670.jpeg

Edited by nickc

Another win for Mr Sagan - Prologue at Tour of Alberta:

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com//2013/09/04/1/13toaprlgsagan_670.jpeg

:clap:

What a forkin' gorgeous machine...

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2013/08/16/1376664402031-1qvv8jwlysseu-800-75.jpg

Maybe Bogus should hook your baby up in that colour. Food for thought.

Nah, matt black. Stealth baby.

It's an awesome paintjob though aint it, Cippo'

Mixed fortune for the team at the Vuelta:

Ratto, 23, had won only one previous race as a pro, the GP Industria & Artigianato di Larciano in 2010. This is only his second year in the WorldTour, having joined Cannondale last year.

"I've been waiting for a big win for three years. It's very important for me and for the team. It's incredible for me," Ratto said, overjoyed to have won the stage.

"The idea was to ride for Ivan today but the way the stage worked out it was ideal for me to go for it. Despite the rain and cold, I felt ok and was able to win."

Ratto was shocked to discover that Basso had retired during the stage due to the cold and rain.

"I didn’t know that. It was very cold and it clearly affected a lot of people. I dressed for the conditions. I'm sorry for Ivan Basso but I did what I could to win."

Domestique Cameron Wurf's race data from yesterday.

Racing with a fractured rib - eish!

170km in 4hrs 5min

Average power 283 watts

Average heart rate 147

Kcal burnt 4200

Max power 1040watts

Max heart rate 182 (my ribs won’t let my lungs and heart push any harder than this point! Its a bit like having a rev limiter on!! Hopefully its enough to keep me in the action)

Mixed fortune for the team at the Vuelta:

Ratto, 23, had won only one previous race as a pro, the GP Industria & Artigianato di Larciano in 2010. This is only his second year in the WorldTour, having joined Cannondale last year.

"I've been waiting for a big win for three years. It's very important for me and for the team. It's incredible for me," Ratto said, overjoyed to have won the stage.

"The idea was to ride for Ivan today but the way the stage worked out it was ideal for me to go for it. Despite the rain and cold, I felt ok and was able to win."

Ratto was shocked to discover that Basso had retired during the stage due to the cold and rain.

"I didn’t know that. It was very cold and it clearly affected a lot of people. I dressed for the conditions. I'm sorry for Ivan Basso but I did what I could to win."

Nice One !!!!

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com//2013/09/07/2/bettiniphoto_0152824_1_full_670.jpg

"When I was almost at the bottom of the major decent a lot of anxiousness came over the radio. I knew Ivan was in difficulty with the cold and it got so bad that he had to pull over to the side of the road and stop. He couldn’t control his bike due to being uncontrollably frozen and had no choice but to either stop or risk a major accident. I’m pleased he had enough sense at that moment to stop no matter how much his head would have been telling him to persist. Longo and Heado stopped with him. Initially we all hoped he would put on some warm clothes and be able to recover but in reality once your get that cold it takes hours for the body to start functioning normally again..."

Domestique Wurfie on Basso's withdrawal

"When I was almost at the bottom of the major decent a lot of anxiousness came over the radio. I knew Ivan was in difficulty with the cold and it got so bad that he had to pull over to the side of the road and stop. He couldn’t control his bike due to being uncontrollably frozen and had no choice but to either stop or risk a major accident. I’m pleased he had enough sense at that moment to stop no matter how much his head would have been telling him to persist. Longo and Heado stopped with him. Initially we all hoped he would put on some warm clothes and be able to recover but in reality once your get that cold it takes hours for the body to start functioning normally again..."

Domestique Wurfie on Basso's withdrawal

Cold got to plenty of the riders on that stage - quite a few withdrawals, pity.