EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New report - not sure how accurate, translated from Italian so the grammer is a little off:

Cannondale becomes completely american. The news, for the moment is not official, but sources close to the American colossus confirm us that the American company has purchased the management company Brixia Sport of Paul Zani (in the photo, ndr). The management company will remain in Italy, but also to honor contracts that have already been signed, for the season 2014.

Cannondale has also entered into an agreement with Oleg Tinkov that joins as a sponsor in the coming weeks the leaders of the team will decide whether Tinkoff will be the first or the second sponsor of the training that, with the arrival of the Russian magnate, is therefore important new resources in order to revive and strengthen. Closes so the parentheses - lasted just over a year - Paul Zani who ferried the company from Liquigas to Cannondale.

Newly crowned U23 WORLD CHAMP all set to join the team next year.

Another Slovakian like Sagan and his lil bro

Matej Mohoric

post-12015-0-39327200-1380342645_thumb.jpg

Newly crowned U23 WORLD CHAMP all set to join the team next year.

Another Slovakian like Sagan and his lil bro

Matej Mohoric

post-12015-0-39327200-1380342645_thumb.jpg

He will feel at home in the team, thats for sure.

Strange, if Tinkoff comes on board as a sponser for an American team there is a plenty of ex Soviet Union participation in the team with all the Slovakian riders as well. So much for the Cold War.

Hoogerland said to be negotiating to join Cannondale

Johnny Hoogerland apparently need not fear that he will be out of a job after the end of Vacansoleil-DCM. The Dutch rider is said to be on the verge of signing with Cannondale.

"I estimate the probability that it happens at around 90 percent,” his manager told NOS.nl. “We hear definitely on Saturday."

Hoogerland may be able to go for his own chances at the Italian team, but it is also likely that he would “ride in support of (Peter) Sagan.”

At Cannondale he would likely meet his Vacansoleil teammate Marco Marcato, who is expected to sign with the team Wednesday or Thursday

Did Sagan ever get his green Porsche from the Leaky Gas owner a few years ago when he won green, based on a bet?

Did Sagan ever get his green Porsche from the Leaky Gas owner a few years ago when he won green, based on a bet?

Def.

Haven't seen a pic yet.

Rumour mill

Russian businessman, Oleg Tinkov is reporting taking his money to team Cannondale after leaving Saxo Bank. The deal could see Cannondale become Cannondale-Tinkov and a wave of money to further support Peter Sagan.

If this happens Cannondale are in for some interesting times - still no word on a GC contendor signing though.

If this happens Cannondale are in for some interesting times - still no word on a GC contendor signing though.

Apparently, the banker billionaire also wants to act like the team manager sometimes.

Bit of a brat.

Wonder whether they're looking for a GC contender.

Or is Sagan's magic enough for them to boost their campaign.

Hmmmm...

Apparently, the banker billionaire also wants to act like the team manager sometimes.

Bit of a brat.

With all the Slovakian and Slovinian riders on the team maybe Tinkoff feels comfortable being with all the ex Soviet Bloc residents.

CPC and Tinkoff are set to join forces in 2014 as the Italian-managed team tries to build for the future and hold onto team leader Peter Sagan.

The Slovakian sprinter's contract ends in 2014 but the estimated seven million Euro sponsorship from Tinkoff would allow team manager Roberto Amadio to cover Sagan's probably four million Euro salary and so fight off any rival bids for the Tour de France points jersey winner.

cyclingnews

CPC and Tinkoff are set to join forces in 2014 as the Italian-managed team tries to build for the future and hold onto team leader Peter Sagan.

The Slovakian sprinter's contract ends in 2014 but the estimated seven million Euro sponsorship from Tinkoff would allow team manager Roberto Amadio to cover Sagan's probably four million Euro salary and so fight off any rival bids for the Tour de France points jersey winner.

cyclingnews

Four million Euro salary. Not bad for a kid who can wheelie, do a bit of climbing and win a couple of sprints and a green jersey here and there.