The advantages of a thuaxle over QR??

Palaeodom

Jeez, if you join in it'll be money well spent. There will be two riders kicking dust into cry babies eyes! Unfortunately I can't join as I'm still growing a pair and it could be too hot for my liking.

One day soon your nads will drop young padawan :D

I've been meaning to ask - your pic - from Nitro Circus right?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is that you can't feel the difference. Maybe you are not pushing your bike far enough then?

Just because you've owned a lot of bikes doesnt mean you know how to ride them properly, or hard. It means you've owned a lot of bikes. Sure thing though. I'd love to come and ride with the KKK riders club some time. My choice of trail though.

I have pushed my bikes harder than you push your boyfriends cry baby.

But you are correct, I don't know how to ride a bike properly or hard, so rather give me tips than trying to make me look like the amateur I am.

As for your KKK comments, get over it, the Violent Femmes did years ago.

Oh and pick your trail, I beg you , please do, I am dying to witness a true master at work.

Yup! Nitro Circus it is!

That thar be Special Greg doing a Spine Flip

Ah Special Greg - is there anything the man can't do? How was the pogo backflip?

Of course we'll ignore the epic fail on the long board that ruined a new camera ;)

Through Axle for rear is only really for downhill, freeride and dirt jump bikes.

Most frames built fo rear through axle will use the 12mm thru axle option. There are also 2 length variants in the 12mm TA, 135mm and 150mm. Most modern downhill bikes use a 12x150mm TA. This means getting a new hub.

For anything besides DH, FR and DJ, you probably won't find a 12mm TA option on the frame.

Some of the new Spez XC are coming out with thru axle rear.

thats quite a machine....looks like something from aliens the movie. just expect to see a browning 50.cal mounted to one end.

That is INDEED.

They left the Browning off because it wouldn't fit on screen.

THE HUMMER of the cycling world - forget V10's !

Sometimes Morewood Izimu's do come with Brownings on them...

well atleast they used to:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6ntcpo4KKB8/Sjn7l8ZsRRI/AAAAAAAAApw/RGDjqdxuBTQ/S1600-R/banner.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6ntcpo4KKB8/Sjn95yAFQFI/AAAAAAAAAqA/T-fGf0RBdMI/s400/first-image.jpg

hahaha!

The fact is that you can't feel the difference. Maybe you are not pushing your bike far enough then?

Just because you've owned a lot of bikes doesnt mean you know how to ride them properly, or hard. It means you've owned a lot of bikes. Sure thing though. I'd love to come and ride with the KKK riders club some time. My choice of trail though.

Listen dude.

You Tube is full of these NUBBINS crashing their bikes over dumpsters and running around with their gonads on fire. If you fit that class post there. This here is a Tech Q&A, not a playground spat as to who can wheelie over his mates the longest.

Bye Bye

Ah Special Greg - is there anything the man can't do? How was the pogo backflip?

Of course we'll ignore the epic fail on the long board that ruined a new camera ;)

hahaha! yeah... they were picking up pieces of that camera all over the place!

But yeah... Special Greg is a legend!

Sometimes Morewood Izimu's do come with Brownings on them...

well atleast they used to:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6ntcpo4KKB8/Sjn7l8ZsRRI/AAAAAAAAApw/RGDjqdxuBTQ/S1600-R/banner.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6ntcpo4KKB8/Sjn95yAFQFI/AAAAAAAAAqA/T-fGf0RBdMI/s400/first-image.jpg

hahaha!

Zackery what I meant!

You see, pic hardly even fits a 22" screen now.

Quick on the draw there patches. :thumbup:

I have pushed my bikes harder than you push your boyfriends cry baby.

But you are correct, I don't know how to ride a bike properly or hard, so rather give me tips than trying to make me look like the amateur I am.

As for your KKK comments, get over it, the Violent Femmes did years ago.

Oh and pick your trail, I beg you , please do, I am dying to witness a true master at work.

Get a camera crew & Tumbleweed to cover this event :clap:

What fork is on your GT? More specifically, what does the thru axle look like?

I had a similar problem with a Rock Shox Boxxer I bought. I found that the wheel gave a slight amount of play and the rotors would vibrate in the calipers.

I then looked at my old Boxxer (which was totallyed but I kept for spares) and I noticed that its axle was about 3mm shorter. I put the shorter one in the newer fork and that extra 3mm of clamping eliminated the play completely.

120mm SR MAG 32 FORK with QR15 Through axle handels suspension up front

Guest Big H

"I'd say that the majority of mtbkers (80% ?) wont feel the difference between QR vs Thru axle neither will they be able to tell the difference between 1980 rubber and 2011 rubber or between an alu frame and a carbon frame."

I assert that 80% of MTB'ers will agree with that statement and believe themselves to be in the top 20%. :D

There was a test in MBUK once where they had three frames, very similar looking and all painted in matt black one carbon, one alu and titatnium, all with the same components on. They had a whole panel of testers and there was no conclusive result on which frame is made of what material...... and yes the testers ranged from experienced (like Dingle Dangle) to amateurs (like The_Baby)

BigBaby, calling on BigBaby.

Is the challenge still on ?

I will pitch with a handicap, I will have no gears and no front suspension, so when are we on ?