Too much training??

Roons

I need to get some input on the amount of training I am doing at the moment.

Currently I am riding to and from work every day (45 mins in the am and 45 mins in the pm). I am doing this 8 times a week (drive to and from Mon and Fri - so one way only on these days)

On the weekend I ride about 4 hours on Saturday and about 3,5 on Sunday. So although it is an acceptable 13,5hrs a week, it does not have any rest days.

My week day rides are at 65-85% MaxHR and my weekend rides tend to be 60-70% maxHR. I am training for Sabie Experience and Sani2C so the consecutive days can't be a bad thing, I am just worried about not having a rest day/s.

Any constructive input will be greatly appreciated. smiley32.gif

Cheers

Roons

Roons, one thing for sure, you will have good endurance.

Looking at your "intencity) 65-85, I think the Monday and Friday rests if good.

If you start your sunday morning training ride at (lets say) 6h30, you are finished by 10... plenty of rest till monday afternoon for that 45min ride.

same for you friday ride.

I agree.

Maybe have one week day where you take it super easy (i.e. 60 - 70 % the whole ride).

I do however think you should add in some more intense interval training and races closer to the events, otherwise you will be really fit, but not very fast!

13,5 hours a week is more that enough for a three day race in my opinion.

yes, I think Sani is around the dec long weekend (15-18) ??

You have to go maybe hard on the Thuesday morning and Hard the Thursday morning.

Asked Bruce and bikemax. they will tell you how to pick up from now till middle dec.

Will be doing the intensity! Heading up to the hills closer to the race around White River and Sabie - got a route around Spitzkop that tends to sort that out.

I will be modulating the weekday intensity levels and making sure that the weekends are restful after riding. Normally all taken care of by 11am so unless SWAMBO drags me around the malls, easy is achieved!

So all on track then!

Same training schedule that I am doing although my short ride in is 30min and short home is 40min.  Generally I extend the afternoon ride (Tues-Thurs) to about an hour to allow for harder interval and/or tempo riding.  I find that riding easy on monday afternoon allows plenty of rest until the first hard session after the weekend (Tues afternoon).  Also helps that although I sometimes do three hard days in a row, the rides are very short (50min to 1h15) so recovery is easy.

Normally all taken care of by 11am so unless SWAMBO drags me around the malls' date=' easy is achieved!

[/quote']

Good to see someone else is on the same training program as well LOL

Hard, long intense ride in the morning , followed by a 4 hour endurance session of  intervals between Edgers and Woolworths at the local shopping mall.

Man it's not the riding thats killing me. . . .it's the other half's shopping spree's.