Earphones or not

Jabawakee411

Music can give you freak stamina if your into the strong but it can also cause you to push hard at the wrong places. What you guys say?

Music can give you freak stamina if your into the strong but it can also cause you to push hard at the wrong places. What you guys say?

You need the Susan Boyle cd then :thumbup:

on my commute i want to hear everything that's going on around me. on dirt, i like to listen in to the conversations going on around me.

If you're riding on the road, I reckon it's far to dangerous to even consider using earphones.

Jonkershoek. Scrunching gravel on the way up [that alone is worth hearing], chatting to friends, avoiding friendly fire from the opposite direction.

Stop at the top. Silence.... Just birds. No cars, no air-conditioners. Its not often during the week I can hear that.

Earphones good for work rolleyes.gif blocks out some of the "please just quickly analyse this" and can actually get to work though my plans.

I say, that music is best heard in your car or even better at home, and if you don't want to upset the spouse, you chuck away those crummy earphones you get with the MP3 player, and you invest in some headphones :thumbup:

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af148/audiodude/phones.jpg

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af148/audiodude/phones1.jpg

yeah I love listening to music while cycling, however not to loud so that I can hear whats happening around me, and cycling events dont allow you to

I say, that music is best heard in your car or even better at home, and if you don't want to upset the spouse, you chuck away those crummy earphones you get with the MP3 player, and you invest in some headphones :thumbup:

Grado's! Hmm :)

Edited by Raven

Jonkershoek. Scrunching gravel on the way up [that alone is worth hearing], chatting to friends, avoiding friendly fire from the opposite direction.

Stop at the top. Silence.... Just birds. No cars, no air-conditioners. Its not often during the week I can hear that.

wow !

next time when i'm in stellenbosch area with my bike, would you go show me some of the routes???

wow !

next time when i'm in stellenbosch area with my bike, would you go show me some of the routes???

Sure!

We're a mixed group of 3-4 normally riding on most Sundays at 8''ish, also mixed fitness so we take it easy. (I note your posts about Trans Baviaans etc...!!)

And we also explore, more than actually know all the routes around there very well. But it doesn't seem like one can really go too wrong.

There are several other spots around Stellies too - not familiar with them yet. Others here will most likely be!

SA psytrance gets me through interval training much easier than listening to my own huffing and puffing :clap: only listen to music when I'm riding alone though.

Ps: found that music often disguises any creaks n squeaks while I'm out and these then 'appear' all of a sudden on group rides which is a bit annoying.

Sure!

We're a mixed group of 3-4 normally riding on most Sundays at 8''ish, also mixed fitness so we take it easy. (I note your posts about Trans Baviaans etc...!!)

And we also explore, more than actually know all the routes around there very well. But it doesn't seem like one can really go too wrong.

There are several other spots around Stellies too - not familiar with them yet. Others here will most likely be!

that's a date ... every once in a while i have to attend classes there ... will let you know

ignore the trans-b posts, some teams have to cover the rear-end of the field and i'm more than happy to do it, as long as i can ride :D