Inline cable tension adjusters

Squashed

It appears that the intended solution is to get the inline thing to work. Then these 105's had better start playing the game.

They dont work and you wont get them to work. Remove them completely and eliminate the problem.

RTFM! Something I didn't know about the shifters: the trimming feature...

"Trimming (noise prevention operation)

If the chain is on the large front chainwheel

and the larger rear sprocket, the chain will

rub in the front derailleur plate, producing a

characteristic noise. When this happens,

press lever b lightly (to the point where it

clicks); this causes the front derailleur to

move slightly towards the smaller chainwheel,

thereby eliminating the noise.

Bud, if anything is touching or rubbing, it is not setup correctly. Start looking for a new mechanic.

Agree, they do adjust themselves due to friction while riding. also happens to me on RD (Force)

Easy solution, remove them completely!

If your chain is touching the FD, yes then fiddling with the limit screws should solve your problem, eventually!

(it takes some patients :lol:)

That will only help with the extreme inside and outside, not the inbetween. So when the cable/housing finally settles (because cable do not stretch)then you will have to undo the grub screw to tighten the cable again as there is nothing to adjust the tension with.

I had inline adjusters on my bike for years and never gave problems. Jagwire and I think Rav-X also makes them.

The Jagwire ones look pretty funky.

http://img2.prosperent.com/images/75x75/images.jensonusa.com/large/ca/ca290z01blk.jpg

then you will have to undo the grub screw to tighten the cable again as there is nothing to adjust the tension with.

Yup, did that once a while after the the new cables were installed and never again thereafter!

Thanks guys. With that Shimano tech doc I've got these 105's set up nicely now - real schweet little group that. Nothing removed, nor glued! smile.gif

That trimming adjustment feature of the shifters also works great.

I see my cable needs a bit of adjustment, it has some slack. That should set my trimming the way it should be.