Motorists Using Cellphones

Wedge

nothing bugs me more than being on some great single track and you get a slow rider upfront talking on his cellphone. Thats when you miss a pump. I mean how many mtn bikers use lipstick and eyeliner .....

Just use a bomb, that way it can be a ride by without having to go back to get your pump, or bump them as you go past.

Edited by Caerus

I used to give a lift to a colleague when she lived down the road from me.

We had a competition going, each time we saw a lady driving whilst talking she would buy coffe and vice versa if we saw a guy.

I stopped it when she owed me about 30 cups of coffee and wasnt able to drink the stuff fast enouigh.

I use my cell phone with a blue tooth hands free...coolest thing ever..not distracting at all..and when I use the gps function , clients cant here me getting the directions.....lol

I use my cell phone with a blue tooth hands free...coolest thing ever..not distracting at all..and when I use the gps function , clients cant here me getting the directions.....lol

Accoring to recent test you can loose concentration by up to a half, even with a hands free kit.

Accoring to recent test you can loose concentration by up to a half, even with a hands free kit.

I very much doubt that....I am a Tour Guide and I deliver commentry and answer questions to up to 7 passengers....and I still manage to drive ...cover about 25 000 k's a year touring been doing for 10 years ....I mean talking with a headset and talking to a buddy in a car while having a coke...how different can it be..??

Edited by urbanroyal

I very much doubt that....I am a Tour Guide and I deliver commentry and answer questions to up to 7 passengers....and I still manage to drive ...cover about 25 000 k's a year touring bean doing for 10 years ....I mean talkinh with a headset and talking to a buddy in a car while having a coke...how different can it be..??

Just repeating what I saw in a documentry the other day.

I get a big kick out of it when the Metro pull people over that are talking and driving. Wanna buy them some doughnuts :lol:

Thing is every time I see someone driving k@k they are using a phone,either calling but mostly people using it to text/BBM/tweet.

Ie. By Rigel offramp when you turn left there is a slipway with a solid line, so cars coming from above so they dont go in to the slipway and you can just turn left. The other day luckily I looked to my right as there was a chop in a government car, on his phone, that came down the hill and went straight over the solid line, into my lane and almost crashed into me