Vitality Points for Mountain bike rides

bosb4k

Tankman seems to know more about it, let's see if he can rather answer.

c'mon Tank - be our light!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tankman - why did he get 20k back ?

He has life policies with Discovery and is also a Vitality member.

That was just Discovery's way of saying thank you for staying healthy.

It is called PayBack and he will get PayBack every 5 years.

The amount you get paid back will depend on your status. Get to Diamond and score big time!

quick guide-

1. register vitality

2. do online stuff on vitality site.

3. do couple of races and gym (if you use polar you get more points) Claim through SA-Active, youll max out your fitness points much faster - free membership

4. do HIV test and health assesment at Discem (can claim back for tests if want to +- R400) Your first checkup for the year is free

Quick guide in more detail.

1. Personal Health Review online

2. Online stress assessments

3. Nutritional Assessment online

4. Non-Smoker Declaration online

5. Kids Personal Health Review online.

(online about 12500 points, done)

6. Vitality Checkup at Dischem with HIV

(about 19 000 points done)

7. Vitality Fitness Assessment (R175)

(about 15 000 points done)

8. Register at SA Active for free

(after 5 events 20 000 fitness points done)

9. Visit a Dietitian for nutritional assessment (R250)

(8000 points done)

there are more but that is the quickest way, and you will be on gold before finishing all the points!

Edited by Tankman

Since you are my cycling buddies, it is Friday and I am feeling the love today :blush:, here is 1000 points for free.

(can only be done once though, not sure if they still do it, but I got 1000 points last year just for registering)

Register on https://www.polarpersonaltrainer.com/ (you dont have to own a Polar)

After registration, log in.

Go to > Polar Account > Partners

Choose > Discovery and enter your Health Membership number.

If they still award points for registering, you should see this in a week or two:

post-4352-0-01933600-1301036450.jpg

I have a Garmin and asked them countless times to do the same so that we can earn points for our workouts while using Garmin. It is not going to happen .... but it doesnt bother me any longer because my Fitness points are maxed out long before I need to start worrying about a silly little 150 points per workout :lol:

Since you are my cycling buddies, it is Friday and I am feeling the love today :blush:, here is 1000 points for free.

(can only be done once though, not sure if they still do it, but I got 1000 points last year just for registering)

Register on https://www.polarpersonaltrainer.com/ (you dont have to own a Polar)

After registration, log in.

Go to > Polar Account > Partners

Choose > Discovery and enter your Health Membership number.

If they still award points for registering, you should see this in a week or two:

post-4352-0-01933600-1301036450.jpg

I have a Garmin and asked them countless times to do the same so that we can earn points for our workouts while using Garmin. It is not going to happen .... but it doesnt bother me any longer because my Fitness points are maxed out long before I need to start worrying about a silly little 150 points per workout :lol:

Thanks, done

What is all this Vitality sh@t . Was offered to me when I joined but it looked like a load of bull if you ask me .

Vitality makes the difference between me staying on Discovery and moving to Profmed.

Of course, you only really see the full benefit when you use more than one Discovery product and make the effort to stay on it long enough to get Gold/Diamond status.

In my case, I have a Discovery credit card earning Discovery Miles in addition to my medical aid. The discounts I get on gym membership, flights, car hire, hotel accommodation and shopping at partner stores, makes up for the slightly lower benefits and tariff difference I get for being on Discovery, as well as gives better rewards vs. costs than another credit card.

Got my payback end of last month. Was quite surprised and thought it might have been a scam because there was no real reference I could understand. Phoned the bank and they confirmed it was Discovery. Discovery told me where the money came from and then I booked a nice easter holiday for the wife and me. :thumbup:

He has life policies with Discovery and is also a Vitality member.

That was just Discovery's way of saying thank you for staying healthy.

It is called PayBack and he will get PayBack every 5 years.

The amount you get paid back will depend on your status. Get to Diamond and score big time!

Yeah, and as for the payback - client can get a max of 60% of ALL premiums (ex vitality & any RA / Endowment premiums) back every 5 years, depending on Vitality status and health claims (if they are on DH) or up to 25% of all premiums back every 5 years if only on Vitality.

And even if you're a DH member, and you think "Oh well, I claim a shed-load on Discovery Health, so there's no way I'll EVER get any money back" - you can still get 22.5% of all premiums back IF YOU MANAGE YOUR STATUS and get to Diamond.

I know of several okes who have received upwards of 70k from a Payback benefit.

As for the points from the SA Active events, that's really one of the slower ways to get to Gold.

Read what Tankman says regarding the online questionnaires, HIV tests & Non smokers declarations, and then do the fitness assessment, which costs less than the Vigne a Vigne this year AND you can claim the cost from the MSA. HIV test is approx R 120 (depending on where you go, and you can claim for it from MSA) and the rest of the screening tests are free of charge if you do them at Dischem or Clicks. If you go to your doc to do them, you will pay the consultation fee (or it will come from your MSA - Medical Savings Account)

Vitality is NOT just about the discounts though - it was designed as a Wellness Program, geared towards informing the client as to how fit & healthy they are in order to push them to get fitter and healthier, due to the fact that Disco are providing the client with the tools with which to determine their health statuses (or statii, if you will :-])

The discounts are just an added benefit of managing your status.

Any other questions, shout them out!

Basically because there will be an exclusivity agreement between Vitality & Polar. Nothing we can do about it until the contract comes up for review, or if terms suddenly change due to external influences. Take the old partnership between Vitality & WW into account. More clients were using their Discovery Credit cards to buy at WW than were using their WW cards, even though the clients in question were WW cardholders. WW and Vitality parted ways as a result of that, and PnP stepped in.

Who knows though? The exclusivity might come to an end at any time!

Yeah, and as for the payback - client can get a max of 60% of ALL premiums (ex vitality & any RA / Endowment premiums) back every 5 years, depending on Vitality status and health claims (if they are on DH) or up to 25% of all premiums back every 5 years if only on Vitality.

And even if you're a DH member, and you think "Oh well, I claim a shed-load on Discovery Health, so there's no way I'll EVER get any money back" - you can still get 22.5% of all premiums back IF YOU MANAGE YOUR STATUS and get to Diamond.

I know of several okes who have received upwards of 70k from a Payback benefit.

As for the points from the SA Active events, that's really one of the slower ways to get to Gold.

Read what Tankman says regarding the online questionnaires, HIV tests & Non smokers declarations, and then do the fitness assessment, which costs less than the Vigne a Vigne this year AND you can claim the cost from the MSA. HIV test is approx R 120 (depending on where you go, and you can claim for it from MSA) and the rest of the screening tests are free of charge if you do them at Dischem or Clicks. If you go to your doc to do them, you will pay the consultation fee (or it will come from your MSA - Medical Savings Account)

Vitality is NOT just about the discounts though - it was designed as a Wellness Program, geared towards informing the client as to how fit & healthy they are in order to push them to get fitter and healthier, due to the fact that Disco are providing the client with the tools with which to determine their health statuses (or statii, if you will :-])

The discounts are just an added benefit of managing your status.

Any other questions, shout them out!

If I get the Discovery CC can I change over so I don't get the R6000.00/year cash back on Vitality food but rather get R18000.00 in my medical savings? Is that part correct so far?

What happens to all the money in the medical savings that is left over?

If I get the Discovery CC can I change over so I don't get the R6000.00/year cash back on Vitality food but rather get R18000.00 in my medical savings? Is that part correct so far?

What happens to all the money in the medical savings that is left over?

Yes - it's called the Medical Savings Booster or MSB if you like TLA's - and you can draw it out at any time, subject to a 33% penalty on the amount that you draw out (levied on the amount left in the MSB) so that in effect, you get 50% of your spend back when you draw it out. Just bear in mind that if you activate the MSB, you will sacrifice your normal Pick 'n Pay cashback benefit. So you have to weigh up whether the benefit of taking the 75% on healthy food alone versus the max 35% on Healthy Food (10% Discovery Card cashback on top of the 25% healthy food) plus the 10% on everything else...

The remainder of your savings gets carried over to the next financial year, and there is NO "use it or lose it" situation. One of the main reasons my wife joined my med aid from Wooltru.