New Bike - Specialized Roubaix Pro SL3 Frameset

Let's Ride

hi got set american classics cr420 very light with shimano freebody in excellent condition new bearings fitted R3500.00 i am base in cape town give me acall on 0827002214

hi got set american classics cr420 very light with shimano freebody in excellent condition new bearings fitted R3500.00 i am base in cape town give me acall on 0827002214

Hi

I have a set of HED carbonlite wheels for R4000 and a 10speed dura ace groupset for R4000.

Regards,

Abbas

0827861902 :blush:

Now I am not really clued up on wheels but which are better?

I would also prefer it if the wheels came with a 105 10 speed rear 'cogs' - don't know the name.

Can you guys also please post pictures.

Otherwise theres a guy on the forum called Icycle or Mr Wheels and he sells good wheels apparently. Can I maybe please get his no.

Edited by Specialized <3

There is no way that you will save 1kg on the wheels alone unless you are going to fork out R30 000 plus on a set of Lightweights (the brand). The cheaper, heavier wheels come in at about 1.9kg (probably what your Giant brand weighs) and a really light set (that mere mortals can afford) will weigh in at approx 1.4kg. Wheels in this weight range include Mavic Kryium SL (about R7 500), Easton EA90 (also R7 500), American Classics R6 500). If you really want a good value for money light wheels, consider the Shimano RS80. They weigh just over 1.5kg and sell for about R4 500. Chris Willemse Cycles had them on special for R3 200 not so long ago. There are plenty of other wheels out there. These are just some of the better brands.

Considering all the stuff you have included in your bike's weight, it is already quite light and to try and shave off more weight is going to start costing you.

If you want to save weight by upgrading your groupset, consider going for Sram Force. It costs about the same as Ultegra and is much lighter. Force will cut about 500 grams off your current 105 groupset and Ultegra will only cut about 200 grams.

The cogs at the back is called a cassette. All Sram and Shimano cassettes are interchangeable.

Edited by Longbarn Killer