2 OCEANS, LAST RUNNER. FRI 6H59. SAT 7H30

Guest Frail4Life

This will be my first running race (doing the 21km) with a total of 37.5km in the legs!

Can you guys and girls give some tips in terms of what time to drive through, what to take with, etc.? I heard for example that some people take a newspapers (not to read, but keep under your vest for warmth!) and maybe a black bag until the race starts, Tips like that?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frail4Life

This will be my first running race (doing the 21km) with a total of 37.5km in the legs!

Can you guys and girls give some tips in terms of what time to drive through, what to take with, etc.? I heard for example that some people take a newspapers (not to read, but keep under your vest for warmth!) and maybe a black bag until the race starts, Tips like that?

ANDY ENJOY!

DRIVE THROUGH TO A SPOT AROUND ROSEBANK FOR PARKING. THERE WILL TRAFFIC JAM AND ROAD CLOSURE, IF TRY GO CLOSER.

CONSIDER THE WALKING TIME, GET THERE EARLY.

SORRY NO OTHER TIPS AS I AM ALSO A NOOB TO RUNNING.

if its raining consider a black bag to keep dry until the start. Take an old t-shirt or sweatshirt along, run the first few km with it on and then toss it when you're warm enough. some newspaper can be used to sit on at the start but make sure you throw it to the side otherwise you might end up tripping a fellow runner (same with a black bag).

WELL I AM LOOKING MORE AT ONLY MAKING CUTTOFF, 7 OR 8 HOURS?

Lets hope it's 7 and not 8 as the cut-off is 7 hrs...have a good run, the weather looks like it's going to play along.

Guest Frail4Life

Lets hope it's 7 and not 8 as the cut-off is 7 hrs...have a good run, the weather looks like it's going to play along.

7 Hours (Minus one SEC) it will be. Not to worry with the Pace as I have Pacer.

Cheers

See you at the start somewhere David, or at the finish. I've got to wear this tracker thingy My link with the runner I've got to ride with. Do you also have to wear one ?

Sean , are you with the first runner ? please don't wander onto the wrong route.

Guest Frail4Life

WHAT?

The LEADERS are already LOST and the RACE has not even STARTED???

sooo what time will yall be getting up and ready??

i plan on getting up at 4:00 leave at 4:30, get there by 5:15(from somerset west), park at the finish, jog to start(will be a warmup) and then.....wait to start....biggrin.gif this sound ok??

Guest Frail4Life

will you beat the lead runner up the "nek"?

NA. HE IS TOO SLOW?

Guest Frail4Life

sooo what time will yall be getting up and ready??

i plan on getting up at 4:00 leave at 4:30, get there by 5:15(from somerset west), park at the finish, jog to start(will be a warmup) and then.....wait to start....biggrin.gif this sound ok??

Do consider the ROADS around this SIDE ARE GOING TO BE BUMPER TO BUMPER, ROAD CLOSURES. EVERYONE (30 000) WILL BE DOING JUST THAT. Leave EXTRA TIME for ISSUES.

Do consider the ROADS around this SIDE ARE GOING TO BE BUMPER TO BUMPER, ROAD CLOSURES. EVERYONE (30 000) WILL BE DOING JUST THAT. Leave EXTRA TIME for ISSUES.

yup thanks am aware of this....ek hoop ma vir die beste biggrin.gif