Creatine

Arrrrr hubbers :)

I would like to know your views on USN 99.9% pure Creatine Monohydrate.

I have purchased 2 small containers but haven't really started using.

As with carbo it says you should load on it as well, 4 times a day, one table spoon.

I know more or less the benefits, the disadvantages and aftermath on your kidneys.

Anyone using?

Experiances?

Hi I have used creatine extensively. However you should not use it constantly as a cyclist. Basically when you use it you do not hydrate well enough if you are cycling and this later affects your muscles and you will feel tired and powerless all the time on your bike. I have seen this happen to a good cyclist. Hope this helps

and i think if you are using it for cycling then you dont have to go thru that load phase. I think that is more aimed at guys that are using it to bulk in the gym. Also agree with Ge4orce you cant take too much you must have a few days where you go off it

Creatine assist with recovery. Really as a cyclist you should not be using it. Money down the drain. Spend more time choosing what you eat

Yeah, stay away from creatine as a cyclist, been there done that and its not worth it.

Been using it for years now. Never had any negatives with it. Definitly helps with recovery and explosive power. I also noticed I dont get as dehydrated while on it.

Many studies have shown that some people dont respond to creatine, as they have natutally high levels in their bodies already (possibly if you eat a lot of meat). Loading phase is also not nessessary.

Been using it for years now. Never had any negatives with it. Definitly helps with recovery and explosive power. I also noticed I dont get as dehydrated while on it.

Many studies have shown that some people dont respond to creatine, as they have natutally high levels in their bodies already (possibly if you eat a lot of meat). Loading phase is also not nessessary.

I felt I was bulking up, which kind of defeated the object. Put to much muscle mass on, and then battled for ages to try loose it again Im still not where I was before the course.

I have been using creatine for years with none of the side affects mentioned by the fellow hubbers, found that creatine mono hidrate is useless.

I prefer USN X4, without it it I struggle in the hills, it really makes a difference to me.

The bodybuilder looking guy at discem said that if you use it for endurance sport you will get cramps. I'm just saying what he said, dont know if its true??

Edited by koukie

Thanks guys I appreciate your input...

I have bought 2 small containers on promotion and I'm gonna have a look for myself.

The way I think is best is that if I just add it to my carbo drink (2nd bottle out of 3) and see,

I want to mainly use it for recovery and not so much for muscle gain.

I'm definately not going to load on it as your kidneys take a huge strain and it crystalizes in your organs, therefore large quantites of water daily is required.

thx again

I have been using creatine for years with none of the side affects mentioned by the fellow hubbers, found that creatine mono hidrate is useless.

I prefer USN X4, without it it I struggle in the hills, it really makes a difference to me.

I've looked at that X4 as well... what is the fundamental differences between the 2 anyway?

was in the bodybuilding game for a few years

Creatine mono does require the loading phase as most is just pee'd out, does not absorb as fast as some of the other strands of creatine available now.

it bulks the muscles with lots of water, this is where most of the bulk comes from.

I would agree with the comment about cramps, know side effect but as said already, everybody responds differently to it

As a cyclist there should be little or no need for creatine. Creatine aids in an energy pathway could ATP-PC system. The energy that a person can obtain from this system lasts no longer than 6 seconds; once 6 seconds of exercise has passed the body makes use of glycolysis to obtain energy. The theory behind creatine is that by supplementing with creatine you re-energise this system quicker and can therefore produce a powerful burst more repeatedly.

Ergo it is more beneficial in weightlifting not cycling. Rather spend the money and effort on raising your lactate threshold and therefore improving your aerobic capacity

Is a side effect : mood swings? Skin rash? Pimples? Easily irratated? Friend is on it and he has these after taking creo+protien.....to much creo?

Is a side effect : mood swings? Skin rash? Pimples? Easily irratated? Friend is on it and he has these after taking creo+protien.....to much creo?

No, should not get from creo. Is he taking any thermo's? like phedracut, ripped, animalcuts etc?

all of the above sounds like he is spiking testos, normally a high cycle of testos is to blame for the pimples and irritation.

The bodybuilder looking guy at discem said that if you use it for endurance sport you will get cramps. I'm just saying what he said, dont know if its true??

+1 That's what happened to me......as another hubber mentioned you can't hydrate enough with cycling and creatine.