Recommended Bike Stands

Handlebar

I can't find this at CRC, how much did you pay? My bad I found it, R1900 excluding the scale & tray.

Scale is really bad, not only will it cost you R500.00, that is just the start. After you have weighed all the components on your bike you will be spending a lot of cash on upgrades :lol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the ParkTool PCS9 workstand and not sure how I ever managed without it. Its very stable, adjustable, the rubber clamp won't damage your precious carbon fibre frame, and can be folded up easily in seconds if it needs to be stored away somewhere.

+1, Great stand and robust too compared to some of the aluminium ones.

Scale is really bad, not only will it cost you R500.00, that is just the start. After you have weighed all the components on your bike you will be spending a lot of cash on upgrades :lol:

I see your point :lol: Thank goodness I only need to do one more upgrade, and not too worried about that weight.

Looks like it will be one of the Park Tool stands :clap: Park Tool Home Mechanic PCS10 Repair Stand with the tool tray.

Does anyone know if they come in a carry case or can I find that as an extra somewhere on CRC?

I see your point :lol: Thank goodness I only need to do one more upgrade, and not too worried about that weight.

Looks like it will be one of the Park Tool stands :clap: Park Tool Home Mechanic PCS10 Repair Stand with the tool tray.

Does anyone know if they come in a carry case or can I find that as an extra somewhere on CRC?

I think the Topeak stand has a better, more stable base, it is also very light with being aluminium. It also comes with a carry bag and the optional bits are way cool.

Let me know if you want me to weigh mine.

I think the Topeak stand has a better, more stable base, it is also very light with being aluminium. It also comes with a carry bag and the optional bits are way cool.

Let me know if you want me to weigh mine.

I can see that the Topeak would be more stable as it has the tripod leg system. I imagine the Park Tool can't be that unstable. Just keep clumsy fools away ;)

Does anyone know what the Park Tool stands are made from? It does'nt say on their website, or give a weight for the thing( not thats a major issue)

I can see that the Topeak would be more stable as it has the tripod leg system. I imagine the Park Tool can't be that unstable. Just keep clumsy fools away ;)

Does anyone know what the Park Tool stands are made from? It does'nt say on their website, or give a weight for the thing( not thats a major issue)

Mate,I have Park portable folding stand.The big one from 2 years ago.You could swing from the chandolier and bounce on your tits from it it is so stable.

Incidently who keeps spares for these stands locally.My son managed to break the special screw for the quick release lever

The PCS9 is made from steel tubing

Mate,I have Park portable folding stand.The big one from 2 years ago.You could swing from the chandolier and bounce on your tits from it it is so stable.

Incidently who keeps spares for these stands locally.My son managed to break the special screw for the quick release lever

If you need it , check it on CRC and I could add it to my order.

If you need it , check it on CRC and I could add it to my order.

Thanks for the offer but they dont have.

In fact my stand does not even appear.Obviously a new model.

I will have to get the comics out and order the little swine from Cape Cycle Systems