CRC sent the wrong fork!

RossW

So today I head over to my local post office to collect my most recent CRC order. I check the inside of the box to confirm it is all there and I even go as far as checking the stickers on each box to make sure it's the right stuff. You see where this is going ....

I get home and prise open my bounty. Open my fork; Reba 29er SL taper and what do I find?! A Revelation Race standard steerer 26". :thumbdown:

So now I have paid duties etc and from reading previous threads it seems to get the duties back is near impossible. I really don't want to spend MORE money on sending this fork back and then sitting with a potential credit because hey don't have stock now. And then MORE duties when hopefully the correct fork comes. :angry:

Do I flog it here, on TheHub or send it back and just swallow hard?

Reckon they are just winding you up 'cause you're a 29er. :D

Scheme try email them first and see what they are going to do about it!

They tend to reimburse you when they have made the error, contact them and they will sort it out. There CS is excellent

You might be able to send it back as "Faulty goods" (Organise with CRC first), then when it comes back you have to collect from customs and produce the first invoice for the item. This way you won't be charged a second time for collecting the "same" goods.

To be honest, I would rather sell that fork here for cost+shipping than go through all of that ! :rolleyes:

Hahaha, punishing me for getting on the 29er wagon! :rolleyes:

Yea, emailed them and now waiting .... Gavin, maybe keep that 29er Fox close at hand dude.

I hope they will reimburse full courier fee if/when I send it back to them... Oh the joys of a "bargain"

To be honest, I would rather sell that fork here for cost+shipping than go through all of that ! :rolleyes:

I am starting to think that way as well ..... :angry:

You might be able to send it back as "Faulty goods" (Organise with CRC first), then when it comes back you have to collect from customs and produce the first invoice for the item. This way you won't be charged a second time for collecting the "same" goods.

Do you think that would work? They would already have inspected it and produced an invoice for the replacement fork. You know PO people are not very, well, intelligent in general.

Just spoke to the CRC guys. Gary was very helpful. Turns out they don't have the Reba SL 29er in stock so I can do a refund or choose another fork and they will sort it out.

But what do I do about the SAPO VAT that I have paid?

Do you think that would work? They would already have inspected it and produced an invoice for the replacement fork. You know PO people are not very, well, intelligent in general.

I had to do it once for lights, but I think it involves paying the 2nd time, then taking all proof through to customs to ask for a refund, so jah, now you know what I think it's better to sell :P

They did refund me my postage though (And it wasn't even CRC!)

I scheme ...go the CRC route...ans go with the "faulty goods: option.

If you sell on The Hub - you'll have to discount it etc etc.

Trust CRC...they'll come through in the end....

Thanks for all the opinions and ideas.

I have decided to send it back to CRC for a refund. It turns out they do not have stock of the Reba 29er taper and if my frame has a taper I'd prefer to use a taper ... you know what I'm saying.

I have included copies of my invoice, SAPO VAT duties paid and also will be including a receipt of postage paid to return it to CRC. Now to wait and see how much they pay back ... I really hope I don't lose the VAT and duties as that would be an expensive "lesson"

Placed a big order a year back. They had to split into 2 boxes as there was a bike stand which was seperate. Our dear friends at SAPO decided they would charge me the full rate for each package. If I wanted to dispute it they could send the second package back to their distribution centre so they could open it and assess that it was in fact a duplication of the VAT. This would take between 4 and 6 weeks. I took my stuff, paid the additional VAT and sent CRC a mail with all the paperwork and proof of payments. All the additional costs refunded within 2 days. :thumbup:

Placed a big order a year back. They had to split into 2 boxes as there was a bike stand which was seperate. Our dear friends at SAPO decided they would charge me the full rate for each package. If I wanted to dispute it they could send the second package back to their distribution centre so they could open it and assess that it was in fact a duplication of the VAT. This would take between 4 and 6 weeks. I took my stuff, paid the additional VAT and sent CRC a mail with all the paperwork and proof of payments. All the additional costs refunded within 2 days. :thumbup:

WHAT!?!?

They did the EXACT SAME thing to me! Also with a bike stand in separate box! And they wanted to charge vat 2x R1700 for each box. So I sent it back to customs, with a note explaining what they did wrong, got it back a week later for the correct amount. GRRRRR!

Best to tell CRC not to split boxes if you plan on buying a lot ! :D

They had to split into 2 boxes as there was a bike stand which was This would take between 4 and 6 weeks. I took my stuff, paid the additional VAT and sent CRC a mail with all the paperwork and proof of payments. All the additional costs refunded within 2 days. :thumbup:

Deed is done. Paid for SURFACE MAIL R222.68 which will take between 21 and 35 days. I was tempted for the AIR MAIL at R556 but had concerns that CRC would think I'm taking a chance and would not reimburse me. I do remember reading somewhere that I must return it at the equivalent of Royal Mail ...

Documents included as copies:

• CRC Invoice (R4166)
  • Parcel Force Invoice (Free shipping)
  • SAPO Customs receipt (R816)
  • Surface mail receipt (R222)

No to see what they will reimburse me for out of a total of R5204.00 spent on this little exercise. The wait is on!