Sappi Forest Rides

JV1096

I just want to give a Big Thumbs Up :thumbup: to the LBS in Howick. Gave me direction for riding in the Sappi Forest just outside Howick town.

Very nice, jeep track, single track, service roads. You can spend lots of time there.

I went to Karkloof, and if you are not a resident, or member of their cycling club you are not allowed to ride there. Not friendly people there!

So thanks to the LBS in Howick, you guys were really friendly and willing to share your great Sappi Forest rides.

Go check it you when you are in the region.

I just want to give a Big Thumbs Up :thumbup: to the LBS in Howick. Gave me direction for riding in the Sappi Forest just outside Howick town.

Very nice, jeep track, single track, service roads. You can spend lots of time there.

I went to Karkloof, and if you are not a resident, or member of their cycling club you are not allowed to ride there. Not friendly people there!

So thanks to the LBS in Howick, you guys were really friendly and willing to share your great Sappi Forest rides.

Oh, and yeah, Howick is schweet too, and friendly.

JV1096

I am neither a resident of Karkloof, nor a club member. We ride there and have never had anyone act in an unfriendly way. Sorry for your bad experience.

You do have to pay a trail fee and sign in. Next time contact the KTA: Britt Stubbs, Karkloof Tourism Association on 033 330 4602.

You can start your ride at the country club.

It is VERY worthwhile, as the trails have been built specifically for MTB, and are of a high standard technically.

Edited by The Drongo

This can only be Adrenaline Cycles! Fantastic bunch of guys there. Grant really goes the extra mile :clap:

If this LBS wasn't Adrenaline, well then, I've said it now haven't I.

JV1096

I am neither a resident of Karkloof, nor a club member. We ride there and have never had anyone act in an unfriendly way. Sorry for your bad experience.

You do have to pay a trail fee and sign in. Next time contact the KTA: Britt Stubbs, Karkloof Tourism Association on 033 330 4602.

You can start your ride at the country club.

It is VERY worthwhile, as the trails have been built specifically for MTB, and are of a high standard technically.

Yeah, I was really dissapointed about the whole day. Drove out there exited to get in a ride at the Karkloof trails and that was the response I got.

Maybe the guy had a bad day :(

Thanks for the information, I will try it out when I am in the area again. The Sappi Forest was great though. Enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks