Intense bikes

banna

doesn't skizo ride one?

Dunno. I'm relatively new at the hub, so could be?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez Jarek it seems like we're the only souls on The Hub who's got Intense's... the annual general meeting of the The Hub's Intense owners club is hereby declared closed... but not before we don't add a few extra pics to brighten up everyone's lives just a tad...

Not so fast there sonny boy! Give me 5min ;)

doesn't skizo ride one?

he used to..

but he's now racing for another hand made premium brand...

Morewood :thumbup:

Love takes time.

those are gorgeous MH. i see you werent kidding about waxing those ladies up.. damn! :thumbup:

Dunno. I'm relatively new at the hub, so could be?

haha! not Skizo as in a hubber...

Skizo as in Sifiso Nhlapo... the SA BMXer who won Silver at the 2008 Olympics. ;)

Here he is on an Intense

http://www.mtbshorts.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/sifisonhlapo.jpg

and here's his new ride (I got to see him testing it at the MTN BMX track one afternoon)

http://www.morewoodownersclub.com/images/skizo.jpg

those are gorgeous MH. i see you werent kidding about waxing those ladies up.. damn! :thumbup:

Thanks JW!

Neither is actually waxed, the wax is reserved for my other bike-in-building, my Kona Kula (because it has paint!)

The 5.5 is ball-burnished without any coating, so it takes a bit of Silvo every once in a while to get it real shiny. The M3 has now had all its paint stripped, down to the raw post-weld finish. I'm yet to see the finished product, but apparently it looks hot. With new decals it should be just as good as an authentic works from the factory. :)

My baby, as well as my brother's baby-in-process...

post-3655-0-10546200-1304686568.jpgpost-3655-0-90982000-1304686583.jpgpost-3655-0-22476400-1304686609.jpgpost-3655-0-27568800-1304686627.jpg

Beautiful bikes dude. A friend of mine is gettting the new Tracer in that works finish. I guess the AGM is re opened then...so if there are any other Intense riders, lets see those bikes.

• 2 weeks later...

Would have posted a bit sooner but had to wipe the cobwebs off first :rolleyes:

Unfortunately they only had red on sale, but not too bad I think. A bit of a weird build for a 5.5.

post-3382-0-88953500-1305668091.jpg

post-3382-0-13295600-1305668142.jpg

Nice looking ride Quickdraw!

Not a weird build at all, a light parts set makes for a very quick all-round machine. I've found the 5.5 to be so incredibly versatile... If you crank up the shock pressure, minimise the U-turn and run a light build, it's actually a not-slow-at-all XC steed, but soften it up again and let the fork out longer and it turns into a descending monster. Is that a 120/150 Rev you're running?

Nice looking ride Quickdraw!

Not a weird build at all, a light parts set makes for a very quick all-round machine. I've found the 5.5 to be so incredibly versatile... If you crank up the shock pressure, minimise the U-turn and run a light build, it's actually a not-slow-at-all XC steed, but soften it up again and let the fork out longer and it turns into a descending monster. Is that a 120/150 Rev you're running?

Yup, awesome bike dude!

These AM Intense's are tha bomb. My Tracer has a 150mm revelation and AM XT rims with 2.3 Nevegal's on and it's just like a cadillac through the rough stuff. A real AM slayer. My friend's Tracer on the other hand has a 140mm fork and XC rims with 2.1 tires. Feels like a 10kg XC bike. Completely different to mine. Awesone versatility to have in one bike.