All New SRAM/Avid XX and XX World Cup Brakes Revealed

nathrix

http://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/2012-SRAM-Avid-XX-Hydraulic-DIsc-Brakes-Caliper-comparison.jpg

SRAM just announced all-new XX and XX World Cup (XXWC) hydraulic disc brakes. Borrowing heavily from the recent Elixir 7 & 9 redesign, the new magnesium lever body is similar between the two brakesets and gets the revised bleed port location and air trap to improve bleed performance. From there, they did what they always do for their top-level spec and shaved grams.

Read the full article here http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/05/19/all-new-sramavid-xx-and-xx-world-cup-brakes-revealed/

Wipe the eyes boet.

Must say the new XTR's are awesome.

The owner of my LBS said the new XTR's have set the bar for MTB brakes. I must also say they look the shizzle.

For the professional race snakes the subtle changes in design and weight it most properly makes a little difference, but for us mere mortals/weekend warriors it does nothing.

They are light, look good and have plenty power.

post-4100-0-73321500-1305873676.jpg

I really like the look of the Classic bars and stem. :thumbup:

Wipe the eyes boet.

Must say the new XTR's are awesome.

Got XX brakes on my Zula and it is by miles the k@kkest brakes I've had in 10 years of mtbiking. Absolutly no modulation and half the stopping power of XT's. Going back to XT's.

• 2 weeks later...

They are light, look good and have plenty power.

post-4100-0-73321500-1305873676.jpg

Nice bike. Pity you couldn't afford the gear shifters... ;)

So not only are you going to kick my butt going uphill on that thing, but I'm also going to kill myself trying to keep up with you on the downhills!

Luvverly...

2011 XTR brakes is the business, SRAM is currently behind the curve in the braking department...