Frame Warranty through Olympic/GT

Jackpot001

I think cranks will be okay. Maybe the fork will require an adapter if the head tube tapers and the seatpost/seatpost clamp might be a different diameter. Otherwise I can't see what else can change.

Ive got a two GT's so just in case anything happens I will have all my ducks in a row :clap: . As for the cranks comment (it was the first part that came into my head so wasn't being too specific) Maybe derailleurs will be a problem too? :unsure:

What would happen if I bought my GT in the UK and it broke here and I needed a frame replacement? What is the warrenty period on a GT?

When my broken marathon frame was replaced last week with the new Sensor frame I had to get a new rear shock as the travel was diffrent, and yes they did come to the party regarding the price of a new shock which I was happy to pay as now I have a brand new frame and shock.

• 3 months later...

Hi All

I wanted to close this topic off as the GT Warranty process is now complete.

From the time that I took my GT frame back to Olympic for the Carbon strut crack and started the warranty process through Omnico, to last week when I received my new upgraded Zaskar frame, I must say that the service and process has been very good from both the Retail outlet (Olympic) and the distributer (Omnico).

The process did take long due to the change in frame models by GT but at the end of the day I ended up getting a new Zaskar frame which I must say is really brilliant and worth the wait.

It is good to know that when buying Carbon bikes from a good brand, retailer and distributer you have the assurance that the warranty process, should you need it, works well.

The process took about 3 months, again due to frame model change, normally this should be a few weeks.

I had to buy a new rear shock at cost, not bad deal

Some services work from Olympic to set bike up.

Thanks Omnico and Olympic for the good service.

Clint

Darn, only 2 weeks?

Let's see, my warranty claim is still not sorted out, 13 months down the line... How awesome is that?? :(

Whatever you do, just don't by a TREK! :thumbdown:

We had the same with Trek

exactly 12 months after the claim was approved,they sent the frame to another shop as they we NOT HAPPY with me.

I had been spreading rumours about their poor service.

:thumbdown:

• 10 months later...

Well, I am in the same boat here. I am in the middle of a warranty claim through GT as we speak for an Ovular Head tube that has been an issue since purchase. My LBS has been great with everything, taking the pictures, contacting the rep, and getting the process started. I really hope my warranty process does not take 12 months as that would suck! My bike is the 2009 GT Force, so I am kind of worried about getting a newer frame because they changed the travel on these frames so ill need to buy a new rear shock and Im sure I could get a way with the 140mm up front but in order to keep the proper geometry, Im sure it will be recommended to replace the forks too! This could cost me just as much as the original bike purchase did. Ouch!

Well, I am in the same boat here. I am in the middle of a warranty claim through GT as we speak for an Ovular Head tube that has been an issue since purchase. My LBS has been great with everything, taking the pictures, contacting the rep, and getting the process started. I really hope my warranty process does not take 12 months as that would suck! My bike is the 2009 GT Force, so I am kind of worried about getting a newer frame because they changed the travel on these frames so ill need to buy a new rear shock and Im sure I could get a way with the 140mm up front but in order to keep the proper geometry, Im sure it will be recommended to replace the forks too! This could cost me just as much as the original bike purchase did. Ouch!

don't think they will replace, bike out of warranty period

Darn, only 2 weeks?

Let's see, my warranty claim is still not sorted out, 13 months down the line... How awesome is that?? sad.gif

Whatever you do, just don't by a TREK! thumbdown.gif

I think your problem would stem from the Trek Agents changing hands in SA. As from 1st July The Bicycle Company have taken over the brand from Tregger (sp) sports and I am sure the service would be really good now.

i was in bicycle retail for three years. Omnico have always been excellent with their back up service. Definitely no issues there.

It is however possible that they don't have stock of a replacement frame, but as was correctly pointed out above they have been known to loan the client a frame until a replacement arrives.

If you do decide to phone omnico, ask for Julian - he's a legend

Julian is a great guy to deal with :thumbup:

Darn, only 2 weeks?

Let's see, my warranty claim is still not sorted out, 13 months down the line... How awesome is that?? sad.gif

Whatever you do, just don't by a TREK! thumbdown.gif

You try the USA warranty guys yet? Or only the SA agents?