UCI World Cup Rnd 2: Fort William (SCO)

Capricorn

with that Danny Hart mental pirouette on a bike photo, I thought it appropiate to take HumanPinball fans back to Leogang 2010, with some of the most insane riding ever seen by any rider..(if u cant appreciate at normal speed, just watch it in slomo..it's just crazy!)

two sections with danny hart start at about 0.52 into the clip. Second section is the madness.

http://video.mpora.com/watch/4BJY2hmPA/hd/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JW - that decal says it all.... ANIMAL!!!

hahha well spotted mayhem.. :thumbup:

apparently, in listening to the commentary by sven, Minnaar had a similar issue with busted spokes during last year's run when he came up short. I dont recall photos of a busted wheel. anyone know of this, or is this just a bit of smoke and mirrors by SCS? Granted, if the spokes pulled outta a carbon rim, i'm pretty sure the stone last thing ENVE wants floating around on the web is snaps of the offending rim.... <_<

hahha well spotted mayhem.. :thumbup:

apparently, in listening to the commentary by sven, Minnaar had a similar issue with busted spokes during last year's run when he came up short. I dont recall photos of a busted wheel. anyone know of this, or is this just a bit of smoke and mirrors by SCS? Granted, if the spokes pulled outta a carbon rim, i'm pretty sure the stone last thing ENVE wants floating around on the web is snaps of the offending rim.... <_<

Of course they wouldn't want that... Dent in future profitability thanks to unbought "top end" rims, perceived weakness etc...

Would be massively negative for their fronting of the carbon rim as a proper, stronger replacement of alu. I mean, we ALL hit the jumos as hard as Sammo & Gretsky, don't we? So therefore we'll also suffer from broke-spoke.

Snigger.

With a tricky, root-strewn run-up, a fireroad to clear and a super-steep and loose-looking landing into a massive berm, the 'chicken run' down the side is likely to see plenty of use. The top riders won't be daunted though...

Cedric Gracia pulled a suicide (no hander) off this drop in his *race* run. Respect!

yeah, i keep watching it.. it's as wild and insane as that 'moment' he had at val di sole last year,same corner hill washed out on in 2009.

he jumped into the inside rut on that corner and clipped the pvc pole and tape with his bars! Thats what high-sided him! But that a mad line trying to jump into that inside! When i walked that track it is the faster line but i certainly wouldnt jump into it! :eek:

just watched Warners run down fort bill - dont know why he didnt just upload the one he did here too as he didnt hit anything in fort bill either! - he said to me he was s****ing himself with all the jumps as it was his first run down .. so it looked ****! In the fort bill one he actually stops and goes off course to miss some muddy rooty bit above the new road gap! hahahaha

What's the link to watch it? Need to see it tonight...

Me stoopid. Me no look at previous post before posting stoopid question.

Edited by cptmayhem

he jumped into the inside rut on that corner and clipped the pvc pole and tape with his bars! Thats what high-sided him! But that a mad line trying to jump into that inside! When i walked that track it is the faster line but i certainly wouldnt jump into it! :eek:

you referring to VDS? You been there?

edit: just watched that section again. He rolled into that inside line same way Sam Hill did, but the inside line ends in a a small step down at there speed. He got a bit loose on the landing (looks like he slipped a left pedal which didnt clip in properly after his inside line drift), which interestingly enough, is exactly how he had his wobble at Fort Bill: boosting the step down and then wobbling on the landing (i thought his front wheel clipped a rock on the way down cos his wheel is almost pointing toward the camera, but the vid is not the best quality).

Edited by Jarek Wysocki

Ol' Hart did get all outta shape at the top... It looked like he should have gone down for sure. It was either going to be a scorching run or a complete write-off!!!!!