Karoo to Coast - transport

Redline

Is there no car transport from Uniondale to Knysna?

you would think so for an event this size. it worked a treat at W2W. i e-mailed Zandile about this and got this answer:

Thanks for this. No - we have offered this to Rotary and many other charities but the size of the event (4700 riders) and the logistics have not got us any takers. Riders are chatting to each other on social media to see if anyone has friends coming that you can pay to drive for you. We also have the shuttles who can take a rider and bike over to fetch vehicles. There is also camping still available and a free tog bag service back to the finish for any tents / luggage OR you can bring a support person with you.

Edit: i was referring to someone driving your car from U to K for you.

Edited by Ferro

you would think so for an event this size. it worked a treat at W2W. i e-mailed Zandile about this and got this answer:

Thanks for this. No - we have offered this to Rotary and many other charities but the size of the event (4700 riders) and the logistics have not got us any takers. Riders are chatting to each other on social media to see if anyone has friends coming that you can pay to drive for you. We also have the shuttles who can take a rider and bike over to fetch vehicles. There is also camping still available and a free tog bag service back to the finish for any tents / luggage OR you can bring a support person with you.

Edit: i was referring to someone driving your car from U to K for you.

Hi,

I have a 4 bike rack, maybe we should arrange something.

Try and find a hubber with an extra driver. We always take a friend and her boyfriend with. They drop us off in Uniondale and head back to knysna with my vehicle and the other one drives a fellow hubbers car back who organised with us.

Not doing it this year as Im staying in oudshoorn for that weekend

Try and find a hubber with an extra driver. We always take a friend and her boyfriend with. They drop us off in Uniondale and head back to knysna with my vehicle and the other one drives a fellow hubbers car back who organised with us.

Not doing it this year as Im staying in oudshoorn for that weekend

Hi, I also have accomdation in Oudshroon, how you getting back there?

We are being dropped off in uniondale, then my bakkie goes through to knysna where we get picked up afterwards and then head back to Oudshoorn.

We are being dropped off in uniondale, then my bakkie goes through to knysna where we get picked up afterwards and then head back to Oudshoorn.

Any additional space?

Should have a spot for you if our drivers boyfriend doesnt go with. He works offshore. Will keep you updated.

I have a 4 bike rack we can make use off. Will gladly contribute to fuel.