Karoo to Coast - transport

Redline

hi, so the plan is to fly down to george, then take a rental to uniondale for the race.

How does one get your car to knysna? I see there are tour operators that does transport back to uniondale, but they go at 14:00.. which is 10 to 1 a bit early for us..

so how do you do it? any suggestions, comments?

thanks!

hi, so the plan is to fly down to george, then take a rental to uniondale for the race.

How does one get your car to knysna? I see there are tour operators that does transport back to uniondale, but they go at 14:00.. which is 10 to 1 a bit early for us..

so how do you do it? any suggestions, comments?

thanks!

I will be watching this closely as I will be in the same boat. 14:00 is way to early for me!

I would also like to see what happens

We found accomodation in Knysna for the 24th and will go to Hartenbos after the race (same day--- with ME driving <_< )

anyway

there were shuttles from Knysna to the start last year. Think thats a better option?

Or let someone take you through to Uniondale the morning before the start and then go back to Knysna

Something like that, Im still a K2C virgin, so not sure what arrangements others made. there are threads on this here on the Hub, need to check them again

would like to finalise everything as soon as possible

Edited by RudoJ

• 1 month later...

OK,

So on Sunday it's 9 weeks before the race :blink:

How do we go about organising a shuttle from Knysna to Uniondale on the morning of the race? I dont know who the contact persons where that did it last year.

It might be early days, but it would be good if we could start getting it sorted now.

Thanks guys

the people that i know who do the k2c every year sleep in uniondale the night before the start and have a dedicated driver drive their vehicle to knysna. if there was an easier solution i'm sure these guys would have known about it b'cos they been doing this for the last 4 years.

:thumbup:

hm,, we made arrangements to sleep in Knysna the night before...so maybe get someone to drive us throught the morning of the race. I saw some used shuttles last year from Knysna, but at R350-00 bucks a pop thats a bit steep

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to Bennie from Benwills tours this week and he offers transport from Knysna to Uniondale on race morning. They leave from Knysna waterfront around 4:30am and its cost R380per person bike included. My mate and I are using them. See details below.

BENWILL'S TOURS

Bennie

083 728 5181

benniestours@telkomsa.net

:thumbup:

hm,, we made arrangements to sleep in Knysna the night before...so maybe get someone to drive us throught the morning of the race. I saw some used shuttles last year from Knysna, but at R350-00 bucks a pop thats a bit steep

@Hawk...we JUST said that R350 is a wee bit steep...now you pitch in at R380....we need to move in the other direction, boet!! Ha ha ha ...

Me, I'm wif a group who has a dedicated driver to pick us up in CX....

@Hawk...we JUST said that R350 is a wee bit steep...now you pitch in at R380....we need to move in the other direction, boet!! Ha ha ha ...

Me, I'm wif a group who has a dedicated driver to pick us up in CX....

Cassie, just putting it our there for the other riders that dont mind paying R380... use it dont use it! :thumbup:

mmm, looks like I might be joining you on Bennies bus...

Awesome, see you there!

I will probably be staying in Knysna too, and have some transport. There might be space. Lets see closer to the time.

I will probably be staying in Knysna too, and have some transport. There might be space. Lets see closer to the time.

If u have space for 2 of us + bikes, let us know. Thx

We (me + wife & son and my folks) are staying over at Badgers Lodge. For the 5 of us it cost me R600-00, which is not too bad at all and it seems nice and last time I checked there still was some space left. Nice guest house with log/wooden cabins. seems ok!

Our transport is sorted, my training/riding partner will be staying with a friend of his and the oke will take us with his Bakkie on the morning of the race. He said that some locals with bakkies might offer a shuttle service. This is just hearsay, so I can find out and let you all know?

Flippit, I'm getting excited! Gonna be my first time, and training not going as planned (bronchitis and cold/flu superbug in July) but its gonna be a blast. We should figure out some ID system so you know when you see a hubber, would be awesome to meet some people from here.

If anyone has space for 2 bikes and people driving through to uniondale in the morning, please let me know.

We are willing to pay and have a bike rack that can take 3 bikes.

Otherwise will have to go with Bennie's, but I heard last year they left late as people didn't arrive on time. Also would mean we need to cycle from close to Simola down to the waterfront at 4am.