RST 29er fork(air)

Clint Adams

Is the RST 29er air fork any good/worth buying to use for a while till I have some real bucks to buy a fox or Rock shox fork.

Should I just save the money and buy a rock shox fork one time?

Big issues would be servicing and spares, if those are available with supplier backup, I dont see why not if the performance is good enough for you and you can save $. Keep in mind it could be very heavy and resale value will not be great though.

Maybe look at a 2nd hand rock shox/fox on the hub ?

Have you looked online ? CRC also has manitou, magura, marzocchi etc. at great prices.

Is the RST 29er air fork any good/worth buying to use for a while till I have some real bucks to buy a fox or Rock shox fork.

Should I just save the money and buy a rock shox fork one time?

Hi Clint. That is exactly what I did. I am still using my RST M 29 fork 6 months later as I can't find a valid reason to change it yet. I really like the remote lock out, which I use a lot. If I remember correctly the Reba was only marginally lighter, but almost double the price with a remote lock out. I can't comment on servicing as I haven't had to yet, but I am confident Kiwi who sells them will be able to assist with who and where they can be serviced. It did receive a few awards when it was launched few years ago and there are a lot of satisfied users out there globally.

As my 29er was originally going to be my 2nd MTB I went this way as I didn't have the budget for a Fox fork. I find that I am currently riding it more than my 26 FS bike and but still have had no issues.

RST is 2200g and reba is 1780g, I had both.

Rockshox all the way. Reba has more tunability and it is lighter.

Rockshox Recon is also a good option,