Help me out here ladies...

The expat cyclist

Damn. Thot as usual hubbers are just pulling my leg. For real there is an ass-ometer. :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. Thot as usual hubbers are just pulling my leg. For real there is an ass-ometer. :clap: :clap: :clap:

You should know by now that everything that is spoken about on The Hub is true...

And he started with "Now every shop we go to, wants to sell something different - all claiming this will be perfect for her."

It seems the Hub is even worse with all the opinions! So don't diss the bike shops too much :rolleyes:

I would venture that you don't get a once-size-fits-all saddle (as in most things in life). You'll have to let your wive try different saddles and not just in the shop, but on the road for an hour or more.

Edited by andydude

I have one of these on my road bike and a very similar one on my mtb:

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/selle-italia-sl-flow

You also get similar shapes with more padding (like this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=49778), although I think the flex is more important than the padding.

I am fairly small and have narrow hips so I don't like a wide saddle (although they usually say that men's saddles are narrower and longer while women's saddles are shorter and wider). I had a Specialized women's Body Geometry saddle for a while - awful. Well, it was fine when I got it and was used to spending hours in the saddle but hated it when I started cycling again after a couple of years off the bike.

Also bear that in mind - even with the most comfy saddle, I find it takes a while to get used to it again after a while off the bike. So don't buy a super expensive saddle until she's riding regularly.

You can get her the Ladies specialized Ariel saddle. I have that on my Road and MTB. Its very comfy and I havent had any problems what so ever.

I've got the Spez BG Lithia 143 on my mtb - many happy hours spent on the saddle so far with no bum complaints :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the Spez BG Lithia 143 on my mtb - many happy hours spent on the saddle so far with no bum complaints :thumbup:

Believe it or not, but thatis what she got! :thumbup: