Dual Sus 29er

MeridaKTM

If you have time wait a little while.

Got a feeling that a very well respected brand is working on a full sus 29 XC machine.

If you have time wait a little while.

Got a feeling that a very well respected brand is working on a full sus 29 XC machine.

Like "that"/ our brand?? :unsure:

Tallboy just got award from Mountain Biker this week - best bike overall:

THE BEST OF THE BEST:

THE SANTA CRUZ TALLBOY CARBON

After four days of testing bikes, we asked ourselves a simple question: If we could ride only one model for the next year, which would it be? With so many contenders to choose from, it could have sparked fierce debate among the test staff, but we agreed unanimously: The Santa Cruz Tallboy stole the show.

While each of the winners excelled within its category, the Tallboy's versatility set it apart. Whether we were grinding up a climb or ripping down a sketchy descent, the 29er was a blast to ride; it seemed at home in every situation. Its stiff frame, brilliant suspension platform, swooping lines, and spot-on parts package also earned high praise.

But the biggest complement came from a notoriously fickle tester. "The Tallboy was a revelation," he said. "It's the only full-suspension, geared 29er I've ridden that didn't remind me I was riding on a bike built around larger wheels every second."

It became clear that the Tallboy possessed that rare and transcendent alchemy of materials, craftsmanship, and performance shared only by elite bikes. There's no debating it: The Tallboy is our favorite bike of 2011.

http://www.bicycling.com/mountainbikecom/bikes-gear/2011-best-mountain-bikes?page=0,9

I have a GT Sensor 9er Pro, if you can look past the colour (Bright, glow in the dark, only bike that can be seen out of space, green!!!!!!) then that is a very good option. Upgraded all my parts to Sram X9 for very little. Still think it is the cheapest dual sus 29er besides the Fuji Outland 1.0 (Can't find stock of the Silverback Moda, that would be the cheapest)

Fellow Hubbers

Thank you for the feed back. I've been riding since last year March and still have so much to learn - so I appreciate the info. If I can find one I'm going for the Specialzed. Anyone out there want to sell one?

Will post pics soon.

Jou vrou gaan jou bl!ksem,ry daai splinternuwe Team D van jou. 26er-29er selfde ding, jy moet hom nog steeds trap !!! EK koop niks meeer nie,maar sal wel goed verkoop. Nou dat jou rug reg gemaak is,lyk my begin jou agter end jeuk... Chat later S. Will go with you to Sondela.

Edited by baie-sukkel

Jou vrou gaan jou bl!ksem,ry daai splinternuwe Team D van jou. 26er-29er selfde ding, jy moet hom nog steeds trap !!! EK koop niks meeer nie,maar sal wel goed verkoop. Nou dat jou rug reg gemaak is,lyk my begin jou agter end jeuk... Chat later S. Will go with you to Sondela.

Greetings - it breaks my heart to sell my bikes. I think between the 2 of them they have a total of 200k's. As for my vrou - buying her a new car :) so she's farily quite for now.

I really look forward to riding with you again.