Beware Sedgefield Provincial Traffic - Targeting Oyster festival

johnw

Just went through the aarto chargebook and his specific case is actually not mentioned but what i can tell you is that every single numberplate offence have a prescribed fine value of R500 the ones where it goes to defeating the ends of justice is an arrestable offence.

So even if this charge is borderline non-existant, I would go to court and fight for a reduction to R500 which if paid withing the first 31 days gets halfed to R250. So I would definitly fight to have the fine reduced from R2500 to R250.

Just went through the aarto chargebook and his specific case is actually not mentioned but what i can tell you is that every single numberplate offence have a prescribed fine value of R500 the ones where it goes to defeating the ends of justice is an arrestable offence.

So even if this charge is borderline non-existant, I would go to court and fight for a reduction to R500 which if paid withing the first 31 days gets halfed to R250. So I would definitly fight to have the fine reduced from R2500 to R250.

Cape Town - Sedgefield - Cape town 920km - roughly R1000-00 for fuel. Case does not come up because officials do not present, another R1000-00 to go again, Food etc along the way R500-00 leave takes is also money lost etc etc. Another fine because of speeding or using Riyahd's number plates or his BMW breaking down again, nee wat, ek glo nie dit is die moeite werd nie.

Buk, vat jou pak slae en betaal, dat ist immers de Wet van de Transvaalsche Republiek!

Edited by eccentric1

Cape Town - Sedgefield - Cape town 920km - roughly R1000-00 for fuel. Case does not come up because officials do not present, another R1000-00 to go again, Food etc along the way R500-00 leave takes is also money lost etc etc. Another fine because of speeding or using Riyahd's number plates or his BMW breaking down again, nee wat, ek glo nie dit is die moeite werd nie.

Buk, vat jou pak slae en betaal, dat ist immers de Wet van de Transvaalsche Republiek!

The way i understand the new aarto laws is simply write a letter to contest the fine, if you have grounds they will lower it if you dont, you dont get the discount and have to pay the full amount.

The way i understand the new aarto laws is simply write a letter to contest the fine, if you have grounds they will lower it if you dont, you dont get the discount and have to pay the full amount.

I also suppose they can increase the fine if you make a habit of using different numberplates.

Maybe it's worth writing (registered mail) to the prosecutor. Explain your situation and that you would like to save both of you time but you feel that the fine was excessive stating your reasons etc bla bla bla. The worst is he will say no and tell you to pay or appear.