Countdown to Enter Anticipated UCI Linked Msunduzi Road Challenge

Matt

Countdown to Enter Anticipated UCI Linked Msunduzi Road Challenge

Press Release: Cycling South Africa, 12 July 2011

12 July 2011 – Planning is in full swing and all hands are on deck in the preparation of the highly anticipated leg of the 2012 UCI World Cycling Tour (UWCT) to be staged in Africa for the first time, the Msunduzi Road Challenge.

With the event date set at 29 to 30 October 2011, the KwaZulu-Natal city of Pietermaritzburg is abuzz as Cycling South Africa’s event organisers finalise details with the UCI (Union Cycliste Internationale) and the local traffic authorities regarding the all-important Road Race and Time Trial routes. The Time Trial competition will take place on Saturday 29th October and the Road Race will be staged on Sunday 30th October.

The unique concept of this mass-participation road event serves a dual purpose, and is expected to draw considerable interest from cycling enthusiasts from all over the country: on the one hand, enthusiasts can cycle the new event as they would any other road race; and on the other hand, interested and seasoned competitors can test their speed and qualify for the one-off UWCT Final in 2012, previously known as the UCI Masters Road World Championships.

Experience the best of what Pietermaritzburg and surrounds has to offer avid cyclists. Online entries for the Msunduzi Road Challenge open in less than two weeks, on the 25th July 2011, via www.cyclingsa.com -entry fees are set at R200 for the Road Race ($ 30.00 or € 25.00) and R120 ($ 20.00 or € 15.00) for the Time Trial. So get training, get prepared, because THIS IS BIG and it’s happening right here in South Africa!!

Further detailed information about the Msunduzi Road Challenge including where and how to enter, routes, website details, etc will be forthcoming before the 25th July so watch this space and start training to be part of another great CyclingSA event.

Msunduzi Road Challenge logo.jpg