All-mountain Biking Basics

Capricorn

me. last ride I can get in before flying up to DBN. Wish I could take my bike with to soak up the vibes in Giba, but alas, I have a hectic schedule. No riding time... *sniff*

we all hook up Sunday? I ride afternoon, 3ish..

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

comme ca?

post-6789-0-39759300-1310752749.jpg

Boobies what?!

;) ;)

Yeah. Exactly like that. Saved me on that off camber corner coming down the fire road from Mamba (just below the ruin, before the fire road from the bottom of Bridle Path hooks up with it) Was hitting it at approx 40kph and all of a sudden the rear reckoned WHOOOPSIE!!! Front remained on track, but I just unclipped, brushed the floor and rammed my arse onto the saddle then straight back off again. Hardtail FTW - straight transfer to the ground! Instant pump!

I was still running my skinny IRC Mythos XC 1.95's back then. Tons of grip, but skinny as phuck.

we all hook up Sunday? I ride afternoon, 3ish..

IN. Got myself some new tubeless seals, so the back is back on.

Last ride before Debben. Lekker. Last ride before I get the DHI. Even more awesome!

This one sums it up: off camber technique IN a berm = berm crushed!

post-6789-0-22267900-1310752881.jpg

ooooooh! Just the way! Although he's weighting the saddle from the INSIDE! Even more over the centre than we're talking about, but way to ram an off-camber!

IN. Got myself some new tubeless seals, so the back is back on.

Last ride before Debben. Lekker. Last ride before I get the DHI. Even more awesome!

woohoo, gate, 3pm, woohoo!

ooooooh! Just the way! Although he's weighting the saddle from the INSIDE! Even more over the centre than we're talking about, but way to ram an off-camber!

i noted both you and MH mentioning off camber turns while ass near seat. I'm not sure that when you really lean your bike over, your butt's anywhere near that seat. That's where the trust in those side knobs comes, that they will bloodywell grip as expected.

Grave's photo depicts perfectly what I'm referring to. navel toward the inside, knee into that frame, ass off base..

i noted both you and MH mentioning off camber turns while ass near seat. I'm not sure that when you really lean your bike over, your butt's anywhere near that seat. That's where the trust in those side knobs comes, that they will bloodywell grip as expected.

Grave's photo depicts perfectly what I'm referring to. navel toward the inside, knee into that frame, ass off base..

too true... although, read my post about slamming the arse down. Needed to do that then, but then I was probably on the cusp - not on the side knobs, not on the centre.

So I had to do something...

mayhem: not slating anyone. you gots to do what you gots to do when the time comes. If it works: roarsome. If not, enjoi picking the scabs.. win-win :thumbup:

mayhem: not slating anyone. you gots to do what you gots to do when the time comes. If it works: roarsome. If not, enjoi picking the scabs.. win-win :thumbup:

win indeed. I like scab-picking. :P

no slating seen though mate. If you look at the 1st pic of Hill, that's exactly what I was describing....

no slating seen though mate. If you look at the 1st pic of Hill, that's exactly what I was describing....

cant be too careful these days :P

depends on the track surface. but if you want a do-anything, anytime tire: Muddy Mary. Hands down winnar.

To download youtube and vimeo vids: www.keepvid.com :thumbup:

Sorry for the off topic, but how does this work exactly been meaning to ask about this - Anybody?

Sorry for the off topic, but how does this work exactly been meaning to ask about this - Anybody?

i think, that it allows the memory cached data to be saved locally. Opera does it as well (you just have to goto the cache folder and sort by size. Cut/Copy the file to somewhere and then rename and add the mp4 extension. Keepvid just does it automatically, but adds the .flv extension IIRC). Other browers cache to drive, but almost automatically dump to memory, so there's nothing for the user to errr..co-opt.