Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL spokes

Reg Lizard

Does anybody know where I can get a silver spokes for my SL's (think they are 2007 model). I broke a spoke about a month ago on the drive chain side of the rear wheel. I sent the wheel in to a workshop in the Tygervalley area and they replaced it, but when I arrived I was told that the supplier sent the wrong stock as the spoke was black not silver. I was told that they will order the silver ones but in the meantime I can ride with the black one. So its been more than a month now and everytime I enquire I am told that they are waiting for the supplier. Cyclelab also was going to order me one but I have now been waiting nearly 2 weeks for them as well. Can anyone perhaps help. CWC also do not have these.

Replace one of the silver spokes on the opposite side of the valve with a black one and use that silver one where it is needed. OR you can put a black one either side of the valve. Looks nice.

Went to Revolution Cycles and an hour later they phoned that the agent had delivered the spoke and I could bring in the wheel- problem solved :thumbup:

Went to Revolution Cycles and an hour later they phoned that the agent had delivered the spoke and I could bring in the wheel- problem solved :thumbup:

Makes you wonder how badly the other shops wanted to help you.