Bike Rentals

DamMTBer

Hi,

I for one enjoy riding in the mountains, but as a personal I want to do the 94.7 road event.

Now the problem comes in that I don't own a road bike and was hoping to find out if any hubbers know where I might rent a road bike. Do to the 94.7 is probably ill-advised but still considering it.

Thanks

Why not just slap some slicks on your MTB?

Will that be a feasible alternative, I thought about that.

Will that be a feasible alternative, I thought about that.

Loads of people do it like that. The more upright position on the bike inspires more confidence for some riding with thousands of others on the road.

Look at the classifieds here on the Hub, you may be able to permanently rent a basic but serviceable roadbike for a couple of thousand rand.

Look at the classifieds here on the Hub, you may be able to permanently rent a basic but serviceable roadbike for a couple of thousand rand.

Yes I saw that there are some cheaper permanent options available...

Loads of people do it like that. The more upright position on the bike inspires more confidence for some riding with thousands of others on the road.

That is a good comment, would there be more strain on my back with the road bike as opposed with my MTB.

That is a good comment, would there be more strain on my back with the road bike as opposed with my MTB.

Your legs are going to be spinning so fast with the mtb gearing, your back will be the least of your problems.

If you want to go for the cheaper option, I'd go for the slicks on the mtb. Riding on a bike you are used to will be easier than riding on a bike that you'll only have for a day or two. I did that when I did my first 94.7

I borrowed a road bike from a friend when I did my second 94.7 . Ended up buying the bike from him after the race :)

If you want to go for the cheaper option, I'd go for the slicks on the mtb. Riding on a bike you are used to will be easier than riding on a bike that you'll only have for a day or two. I did that when I did my first 94.7

I borrowed a road bike from a friend when I did my second 94.7 . Ended up buying the bike from him after the race :)

I here ya...

But despite the rental or borrow option, (Hope this the right forum)

I would suppose that there are physical implications also, the riding style will differ and and and...